Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Hollow 10-03/10-04 report
Headed up to Mill Hollow/Current Creek area with the hounds for a little R&R&R. Arrived to find the beautiful colors that are abundant in that area at this time of year. We scouted the vicinity thoroughly to find complete solitude - the camp ground was closed for the season. So, I picked out a place to camp about a mile or so up by the Duchesne ridge(elevation between 9200 and 9500 feet). The weather was pleasant but windy(too much for using a fly rod) and mostly cloudy.

The fishing started out slowly at first - until I found what the fish wanted - then it was tiger(plentifull, with small to fair sized) action underneath and albinos(sporadic and mid to surprisingly large sized) on the surface. I didn't count nor keep any of the fish on Monday as I had to camp quite a distance away due to the camp ground closure and was hoping to keep a few Tuesday's catch.

Woke up on Tuesday morning to a building blizzard - it snowed and the wind blew from early morning untill I left(started with hail stones and progressed to wet flakes 1/2 to 1 inch in diameter). Needless to say, the fishing was difficult at best and the catching was nearly non-existent.

The colors:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=12433;]

The emerald green water:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=12434;]

The camp site:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=12435;]

Sorry no photos of the fish this time as it was too difficult dealing with the hounds and fishing to take pictures at the same time.
[signature]