Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
summer highlights.....
i was just wanting to see what were the "Big Fish" storys of the summer what were ur highlights of the summer... i did alot of fishin this summer but couldnt post on any of it....( no comp)

my Big trip for this year was a 5 day stay in cabo san lucas mexico.... that was a blast!!! we went when the fishing was supposed to be at its best... but it wasnt great...

the whole trip was for my marlin.. i was getting discouraged!! the first day we saw tons of marlin "sunning" our guide said that when they do that they are full. we were blanked on the first day.

the second day we got into a massive yellowfin tuna boil. i guess the guide spotted a different kind of dolphin.. actually he said that they were spotted porposes ?? yeah thats what it was and the tuna run with them which was cool. i got 2 yellow fin and grandpa and great grandpa got one each.

the next day my uncle was in the fighting chair ( he hadnt caught a fish yet) about 10 o clock he hooked up ... a 200lb 9ft 2in. striped marlin! not 40 minutes later one of the trolling rods went off and He handed it to me. i was stoked!! 1 hr later i had a 195lb 8 1/2ft striped marlin!!
i went down there to catch a blue marlin but a stripe will do!! it was an awsome trip!!
what did u catch this summer....
PS i will post the pics tonight so u can see my marlin and yellow fin !
[signature]
I can't wait to see those pictures. Sound like a great trip to me. Enjoy all the trips you can with your dad, you don't know how long he'll be around for you to do that knid of stuff.
Summer Highlight:

New boat ('03 - new enough for me): $$$$$$$
Registration & tax: $$$$$$
Bimini top: $$$$$
Gas for the boat & tow vehicle: $$$$
Assorted "boat stuff": $$$
State park pass (works everywhere but where I happen to be): $$
Lots of sunscreen: $

Hearing Mrs. W2D ask repeatibly, "Can we go to Willard/Strawberry/Rockport and go fishing this weekend?"...

[center][black][size 5]Absolutely Priceless!!!!!![/size][/black][/center] [center][size 5][/size] [/center] [left][black]W2D[/black][/left] [left][size 5][/size] [/left]
[signature]