Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 10-14-05 15 minutes of fame
Me and a friend went out to Willard this morning. We started at about 8:00 am. We trolled for about 4 hours with only one bite. By the time we got to the south dike we were ready for some fish and fish we did. I got the first hit and we got a double, and before we started the motor again I tried to reel in my second pole and got another. We got one more double in the frenzy. I think we ended with about 12-15 fish. Kinda hard to count when they are hitting like that. This frenzy only lasted 15-20 minutes but it was a blast. We kept the 5 biggest and released the rest.

It didn't seem to matter what lure we were using. I had one white rebel and a gold black yellow 4" rapala. My friend was using a lure with neon green, yellow. I believe he caught more fish than me, but I missed more bites.

I hope the others had the same type of day. There were quite a few people out there today but by the time we started with all of our hits there was only one other boat in sight. Sweeeet day.
[signature]
Great report John, any size to the wipers you caught? Was the 15 or 20 minutes the only time you caught fish all day? It sure is fun when you get into them like that.
[signature]
The smallest one we kept was about 17". Yes that short amount of time was the only time we caught fish all day. We made 2 more passes through our honey hole after the last fish was caught and there was nothing in the mood. There were plenty of fish on the FF. There were a few places during the day that we stopped and just tried jigging cause you could see lots of fish on the FF. I really want to go and get into the walleye but some times it is too tempting to go for wiper cause I have a better idea how to catch them.
[signature]
Jedburton, slayerace and i where also out out willard on friday. we launched about 9am and headed right for the feedlot trolled the feedlot and the south marina area all day and we got 8 wipers on various lures trolling 3.5mph. wasnt fast but was enough to keep us intrested. was a good day on the water with good company[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hey, Petty![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Did you go in Jed's new boat? If so, did you get any pictures of his new project?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Yes Rich we did go in Jed's new boat. Sorry no pictures, but it is a nice little boat. after driving it around half the day i might look for me something like it.
[signature]