Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba surprise
Weather was nice so decided to go fishing!Only fish that i caught today was pike! I knew right of the bat it wasnt a big bow by the way it ran.It was also something different than a walleye.Luckily he got hooked right in the front of his mouth otherwise i would have lost him.I let him go so he can get bigger and reproduce.Didnt catch any bows but sam had the scare of her life.She was trying to catch minnows when a big walleye came up and splashed right in front of her face!At least theres one eye in there !Gonna hit yuba in the morning and try for some bow action.
[signature]
Right on !!!! Nice to see there are some small pike, and walleye around. later chuck
[signature]
Hey nice little pike, the boys downstream must be trying to reintroduce some pike to yuba. I think you needed to be kissing the pike this time again though

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2690"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2690[/url];
[signature]
Nice Report . Like what I'm seeing down there .
[signature]
[cool]Nice pike, ocean!! It's great to hear that THEY are still in Yuba as well! That place is already turning into a great 'bow fishery right now, but in about 5 years, it's going to be an AMAZING fishery. Just think of all of the different species that will be available there-giant 'bows, perchies, walleye, northern pike, and maybe cats too! Man, if we can stay out of the drought for a few years, that's going to be quite a fishery!
[signature]
Pretty cool ocean. I'll bet there were some left in the river after they drained the dam. He was probably enjoying the little perchlette feast!
[signature]
Speaking of the drought did you know yuba was full this year! [sly] It has gone down some 20 feet .The last 2 weeks that i have fished it the water level has remained the same.Looks like it will fill up again and maybe then some if we get the same amount of water we did last winter. Can you imagine how big those fish in there are gonna get if that lake stays full! Plenty of cover for the forage to hide in and reproduce.Thats the main reason why theres a boom and bust cycle there with the walleyes. I dont know if you have seen the excess cover that grew when yuba got drained but man i tell you this if a perch hid in there theres no way a walleye could get his teeth into him.
[signature]
[cool]Good stuff, ocean. Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to spend some time in the future at that lake, even if it's at least a 2.5 hour drive from Layton. Hopefully I'll get one of these jobs I've applied for lately, and I'll have some gas/fishin' money to get down there and give it a go! I'd love to hook up with one of those fiesty 6 pound 'bows!
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I need to get out to Yuba. Never been there, always just drove by. My dad tells me that back in the day that was where he would go for walleyes with his brothers. It's drive but if it has those fishies in there I am up for it. I wouldn't mind catching some pike.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]