Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Perch Predictions For Pineview Ice Season?
So will there be any perch worth going after at Pineview this winter? I think that we are still one year away from a good come back. What do you think?
[signature]
I think there will be a lot of perch this year. Mostly small to medium fish. I like you agree that it will probably be one more year before a return to the glory days.
[signature]
Lots of 3-6 inchers. I'm a wanting a big fat crappie!
[signature]
[cool]I'm not a Pineview expert, but judging from the drought and high predation from the tigers the past few years, I'm thinking that since this was the first decent water year/spawn year for them in quite some time that it's going to be another year or two before the perch fishing is back to what it was say 3-5 years ago that you all remember.

As for me, I'll stick to Perchport Res this year, and maybe give Echo a try for perch, but from the reports coming out of there last ice season, I'm not sure how good it will be at Echo. That lake might be another year or two from coming fully back too to what it was a few years ago perch-wise.
[signature]
I wouldn't count on it rebounding too soon either. That just doesn't happen with perch. But maybe in a few ...
Going to have to focus more on Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Rockport and others for eatin' size perch this winter.
[signature]
I agree and that will only happen if they put any water back into Echo this winter. It is drained right now.
[signature]
Pineview has actually had 2 good springs. 2 years ago the dam got within about 2 feet from spilling, and the water stayed high until summer. There was a TON of submerged habitat that hadn't seen water in a few years becuase of construction on the dam, so it is actually ahead of what most people think. I think the small game fish have had a couple of really good spawns, and I think it will be quite good for perch (small) this year, and even better for the eaters next year.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I'm with Finhunter, I want a big fat crappie. For perch I would stick to rockport or jordanelle.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
The report at Sportsmans said the Crappie fishing was hot at Pineview. Has anybody picked up any?
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Where and using what??? I would like to get into those tasty papermouths.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I haven't driven by Echo in about a year. I was unaware that they drained it again this summer. That really sucks. So much for the percherie coming back soon.[crazy] Guess I'll stick with Rockperch this year when I want the perchies.
[signature]
Skot,

I'm not sure of the where, but I believe it daid curly tailed grubs. Your rite, give me them little tasty morsels any day.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Did they say how big the crappie were. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
From the reports I have heard and the few I have caught I think Jordanelle might be the ticket this year for good sized perch. That is assuming it gets some good safe ice which in years past has been questionable there.
[signature]