Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again, it doesn't pay to poach
Couples fined nearly $3,500 for overlimit of perch (2005-10-25)

Two couples face fines of nearly $3,500 for overlimit of perch on Lake
Mille Lacs.

[url http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/news/releases...59944]Read more here.[/url]
[signature]
What is the limit on perch there?

here in mich it is 50 per person.. no size limit.

man would I like to see that kind of perch action, that is if there is any size to them, I would hate to have to clean 100 fish sticks... them little ones are tricky.... my fingers aint as nimble as in my youth...
[signature]
Here in MN the daily limit is 20, possession 40. In other words, you're allowed to keep 20 per day out of what you catch... in your possession, whether home, or elsewhere, 40 maximum. So if you catch and keep 20 of them three days in a row, you'd be 20 over your possession limit unless 20 of them are given to someone else or are consumed.
[signature]
that sux, (no offence) that kinda makes it hard to stock up the freezer for the in between seasons when the fish dont bite. I eat about 500 blue gills a year. that is roughly 12 gills per week. and you know as well as I do that we dont go fishing every week. the fish dont bite every day and the weather dosnt cooperate that well eather.

I seldom buy fish at the store but when I do I buy more than twenty fresh perch.

I have to ask now were they caught coming in off the lake or did some one actualy stop buy and look in their freezer?
[signature]
Yeah, for those of you who enjoy eating your catch it does make it difficult to stock up and freeze. For most of the game fish here in MN, the amount you can keep in possession is the same as your daily limit.
[signature]