Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry/ 10-29
Fished the Berry from 10am till 1pm. Caught about 15 fish. One huge bow that jumped out before I could measure him, a couple 23 inchers, and a fat 26 incher that was probably the biggest fish I have caught up there. The day started off good, but at 12:30, all hell broke loose. First it started hailing and then the snow came. Up till then, it was a beautiful day. Had to head to shore quickly and packed it up. But it was still a great day. First fish on within 15 seconds of dropping my line. Used white buzzits from HFT tipped with worm. Jigging and trolling with jig. Stayed with white colors. Almost no one on the lake. Did see a wave runner out there flying by and then he was fishing. Pretty amazing site.

tuber
[signature]
Sounds like another great trip you had. Did you fish the usual spot? Did you get your sonar yet? I plan on going up tomarrow, hope I get into them also.
[signature]
Wow - you got into some quality fish! How deep of water were you catching them in? I will be up there on Monday, and we will probably just about have the entire lake to ourselves.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sure would have been a sight to see some dude on a PWC. Must have some big....hands.[Wink]
[signature]
MGB,

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, but looks like you had a good day too. Yeah, hit the usual spot. (thanks again). Didn't stray too far from the launching spot, so didn't get too close to c. pt., but didn't need to. We were in a pretty small boat. Still haven't got that sonar yet. I figure if I wait till Christmas I can get a little better one. I would love to get up there again before ice. Using the bigger jig head has really helped while drifting or trolling.

Kent,

To be honest, I am not sure how deep I was. I was using a 1/4 oz head. somtimes I would go to the bottom of 30 ft and real and jig up and they would hit at different levels. Sometimes we would troll and they would hard. We started shallow, but still found them out a bit more than I thought.

Great fishing to all

tuber
[signature]