Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deercreek is freezing
good news all,

Deer creek has some ice on it. I doubt that it is safe ice but it is a good sign right?

Waight'n to walk on water,

FB2
[signature]
What time of day did you see the ice? Do you think it is too thick to launch a boat? Thank, WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey FishBoy,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]WiperHunter and I were talking and we had some concerns that Deer Creek might not freeze over enough to hold the Dinner-On-Ice fishing party there. So, I'm glad to hear your report. Keep an eye on it for us and give us updates when you can. Thanks[/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]I am going to try to get up to the deer creek/middle provo area this weekend. I will let you all know how it turns out if I go. I hope there is no too much ice, I want to use my tube one last time, and try out the new stuff I got from Santee claws lol.....at least I didnt have to get the goods. I dont like to shop in the madness we will leave it at that. cheers to all have a great new year and heres to going fishing and thinking of god, instead of going to church and thinking of fishing.
[signature]
the ice was there around 8:30 in the morning and slowly melted of. I do not think that it is too thick to launch a boat considering that the thick ice was only in certain areas and the rest was very thin.

hope i helped

FB2
[signature]
Hey WH2 sorry I haven't been here for awhile. FB2 is way to hopeful about Deer Creek. You can launch a boat as there is no ice. There is some in the mornings along the shore in the shallows but it is gone as soon as the sun hits it. Keep in mind there is no boat launch ramp as the water is too low. But there was a boat out there yesterday. I would recomend a 4x4 to launch with or an old strawberry set-up. That would be a hitch on the front bumper so you drive the baot to the water and keep the rear wheels on dry land. Hopeful to get out one day this week and float around again myself.
[signature]
Walleyebob and I went out last Saturday to Deer creek and had very little luck. It was a nice day with little or no wind. WH2
[signature]
hey were you the two guys in the aluminum boat on the lake? There was that boat and a guy in the float tube at Rainbow Bay. That's all I saw there Sat. when I went to Orem to exchange a gift for my daughter
[signature]
No, we were in a 17 foot open bow blue fiberglas boat. We might have been below the road by the dam when you went by. We were on the lake before sun up and stayed until sunset. We even saw a guy water skiing around 1pm but there were no more than 5 boats on the water all day plus that guy in the float tube.
[signature]