Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake report
[unsure] Well We went up to Bear Lake for our Trip out with Stone. AS expected, Saturday was very rainy, Windy and COLD. We went and talked with Jim and we decided to rescedule for the 1th of November. We all felt that this would work out better and make for hopefully a better day and better fishing.

Sunday brought a little better weather and not as much wind. My daughter, Dad and Myself went out Sunday morning and decided to give it a shot for a while. The wind was not bad, A little chop on the water but fishable. We decided to just go try the old rock pile and see what we could do.

We arrived and had the place to ourselves. Found the maze of buoys that the folks from Utah State has placed in the water. We started fishing and were suprised that we were not marking more fish. They were really scattered. We fished for about two hours and picked up one small cutthroat approximatley 14" for our efforts.It was quickly released. We only trolled with the riggers.

We went back in for two reasons, My daughter forgot to put the bag in the boat with the gps,gloves,camera and those nice little things, She claims that it was my fault for a bunch of diffrent reasons.It was left in the suburban. Anyhow, We called it a day and headed in. Still had some quality time with my Dad, Daughter and fishing.

Looking forward to going back up on the 11th and also hopefull to get up for the salsa boys trip on the 19th. Sorry no pics because you know where the camera was left at.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, too bad the catching wasn't better but like you said, it's always nice to spend time with the family. I'm guessing that the date you are planning on going up on your guided trip is the 11th? In your first sentence you said the 1 th. Did you spend the night at Bear lake? WH2
[signature]
WH2,
Yes it is the 11th. My fat fingers. Yes i did spend the night up there. Our family has a place in the sweetwater trailer park. Went up late Friday and came home Sunday. All the comforts of home. We have a big garage so I parked the boat inside so its up there and ready for our next trip up.

RF
[signature]
A friend from work has a gold membership in the same park, he was telling me that he also has a big garage he can leave his motor home in. The reason I was asking is because I was wondering what those cabins cost to stay in near the State parks marina and I thought you might have stayed in one of them. I guess I need to stop and ask them the next time I'm up there. WH2
[signature]
We were up there last weekend and stayed in the canyon cove inn and with the AAA rate it was only $40/night. We fished from the marina friday night and saturday morning and didn't catch anything and only saw a few macs cruising around.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]That's too bad about your trip but I think you'll be happier fishing with Jim on November 11th than fishing the spawn. I'm surprised you didn't find more fish on the pile Sunday. They were stacked in there thick on Friday.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'm going out tomorrow and try it again before all this weather moves in for next weekend. Looks like more rain, snow and wind on the forecast. YUK![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
BLM,
I fished in water from 60' to 15' and found nothing stacked by any means. I did get small groups of 2 to 3 fish here and there but thats it. They might have been deeper, I'm not sure. Jim feels that the best fishing is still to come. he feels that the big hen macs have not moved in yet and there is still good days ahead.

WH2,
We are in the Sweetwater trailer park where the mobile homes are. I am just a block away from FISH1On and these are are own places. we winterize them in the winter but still use them. We just dont have running water and such. Its a great place and not far away from the water
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We fished right on the pile from 32' to 42' and the fish were just thick. Amazing! I hope Jim is right but I don't see this spawn going on for more than 2 more weekends at best. Won't hurt my feelings if I'm wrong though! [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info Brandon, I'm not sure where the Canyon Cove Inn is located. Is it the motel on the left as you come down the mountain from Logan, before you get to the stop sign? Have you checked the rates of any place else in the town?
Fishing from shore at the marina sure can be hit and miss but there are people that do good there every year, I guess the key is persistence. WH2
[signature]