Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake 10-29-05
Even though Henry's Lake is now closed I thought I would make a quick report on what I how I did last Saturday.
We had some delays and didn't get up to the lake until 1pm. It was a little cold out on the lake but not bad for the end of October. I checked the water temp several times and the surface temp was close to 45 F every time. Fishing for us was slow and I only caught one average sized cutthroat in the middle of the lake on a small jig tipped with a night crawler. I also had one fall off a spinner. There were a number of fish in the shallow water arround the State Park boat ramp. People were consistantly landing fish in this area but almost all of the fish that I saw landed were fowl hooked.[unsure]
Even though the catching wasn't very good I still had a good time.
A snow storm moved in around sundown and we were only going 30-40 MPH from Last Chance to St. Anthony.
[signature]
Brian,

Right at the dock they were snagging the fish, but we landed 28 that were hooked in the mouth east of the boat ramp. Got some great brook trout just off the mouths of Howard Creek and Duck Creek.

It was the best fall fishing for brook trout that I have had in seven years. The Hatchery was also very good on the last two or three days of the season.

Bill
[signature]