Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake questions?

With the last couple of cold days everything is freezing has anybody noticed bear lake? I love to ice fish it.
#2 question. I don't have a snow mobile. Is there a place I can park that is walking distance to the rock pile? The last 2 years I have not been able to get close enough.Or maybe another place I can walk to, to get over top of Macks?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Bear Lake is a long way from ice fishing conditions. Yesterday, the surface water tempeture was 39 degrees. There is ice in the marina around the docks but the channel out to the lake is open. It looks like some of the air pumps are not working. I don't know how long they can keep the marina open without all the air pumps working[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The closest place to park, available to the public, to access the rockpile is the Ideal Beach Condos, across from the Pickleville Store. It costs $1.00 per person. Last year you could dirve down to the lake's shoreline. The year before they had a parking lot plowed. If you get there before 8:00 am there will be no one in the office to open the barracde. We usually drove in through the exit but watch the tire rippers.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The eastside offers miles of shoreline accessible to fisherman who are walking. In a lot of places you can be in 100+ ft of water 200 yards from the road. You will see fishermen (and fisherladies) and their vehicles in all the popular spots but parking can be tricky in places. [/size][/font]
[signature]

Thanks BLM.
I figured you would be the man with the answers.
[signature]