Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go for a Weekend
Hello all BFT'ers I just found out that my Bro. From Cali is coming in next weekend and we want to get away and fish. I think we would like to go somewhere in Central utah since the weather is turning colder up north. I dont fish Central utah at all so I was wondering if anyone had some advice on where to go. I have a boat but dont really have to take it. Hiking would be an acceptable adventure also.
Thank you to those that respond.[Smile]
[signature]
Strawberry is a very good choice to take him. Drop down to fish lake,he will enjoy the beauty of the area. Or take him up to Huntington he will likethe view up that high.
[signature]
What kind of species and type of fishing do you guys want to do? You can hit scofield and then make the 15 minute drive to e-lake and then go to huntington and there also is cleveland up there.Those 3 lakes are within 5 minutes of each other and the scenery is awesome.If you are lucky you will see beavers,deer or elk up there .Also you have different species of fish within those lakes to.Also theres yuba which has great campgrounds on painted rocks and the state park side.And the fish there are big.Hope this helps you.
[signature]
Thanks for the tips on where to go. I am kind of thinking that it will be either yuba or maybe even Fish Lake. I have never been to fish lake so I would like to take the trip. I guess my question now is there good fishing right now. I know we could probably get into the perch if the Lakers, and other trout aren't hitting. I am just curious of peoples thoughts on the lake. [cool]
[signature]
I was at yuba saturday along with a herd of BFT'rs.The fishing was extremly slow.The weather still hasnt gotten cold enough but fishlake you should do better up there.
[signature]
Well, my brother made it into town and we headed out to fish lake on saturday morning. When we got there there was 3-5 inches of snow on the ground and 20 mile an hour winds, so we chickened out and went to Yuba instead, were we got skunked. We decided to head home and hit the Berry on Sunday, we got there around 9 and got into the fish, 5 in an hour of trolling. Then the wind picked up and brought the snow with it. After that we only got two more fish in the next 3 hours. Over all i would say it was a good weekend. All our fish were in the slot smallest being 18" and the biggest 20.5" we both had a blast. I will post pics as soon as I can [Smile]
[signature]
Did you fish the painted rocks side? I havent fished that side this year i have had better luck on the state park side.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Ocean, do you know if they still have the ramp open at Painted Rocks? I have done well up there when there was water in the lake and was codgertatin' about an exploratory shot before hard water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ocean, we did not fish painted rocks we had fished the state park side. Everyone that we talked to had very little success that day. Although we did hear that someone caught a 6 pounder off the dock after we had moved over close to the dam. But that was hear say we never saw the fish.
[signature]
I dont know if it is open. I havent been that way in a long time.I have to go to gunnison this week so i will stop by and check probably thursday.
[signature]