Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central CA pier fishing
I am ready to get back into ocean fishing after a 30+ year layoff (had to move far from the water). Morro Bay, Cayucas and San Simeon are the easiest for me to reach. How is the fishing from those piers these days??? What is the prefered rig and bait???

Thanks for any info you can provide. OBG
Hello OldBaldGuy,

Welcome back after your lay off and welcome to the bigfish message boards!

If you scroll down from the main page of these boards you will see a section called "Fishing Reports" (this is actually a Fishing Reports/Regional Discussions section). Scroll down a little further and try posting this in the California board, there are many anglers there that will be able to help you and many of them subscribe to the California board so they are emailed new posts and will get your question immediately. Good luck and welcome back to the wonderful world of fishing!! Let us know how you do!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hey there old bald guy,

Besides Allcoasts' large membership, you might visit the website, californiapierfishing.com. If this is not the correct address, go to google.com (search engine) input the three words in the address w/spaces and the results will show you the website for which you're looking.

Check out the archives for boning up on the different piers in your area.

Regards,

tsurikichi
(means fishing crazy in Japanese)
[signature]
Japanron has a good idea, the california board here has a massive arcive, you may want to try a word search here at this site [center] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=search;"][Image: mb_icon_search.gif][/url] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=search;"]Search [/url][/size][/black][/font][/center] [left]With this link that I have just porvied all you need do is type in the name of one of the areas to pull up any information on this site.[/left] [left]Hint-- try names of docks or areas of interested to you, [/left] [left]you can search by tital or body search.[/left] [left]a tital search will pull any reports with the words you tipe in that are in the tital[/left] [left]a body search will pull up any reports that have the search words in the body like the name of a town or lake or river even the name of a boat if it exist in the arcives.[/left] [left]in addition you can even do a search on reports by individuals authers[/left]
[signature]
I just did a search for you on the topic and found that you asked the same question April 14 of this year,

here is a link, there are several replies with posible setups you may like. [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=11542;search_string=Cayucas;#11542"][size 1]Pier fishing [/size][/url][/center] [center][size 2]OldBaldGuy[/size][size 1] [/size][/center] [center][size 1]Apr 14, 2002,[/size][/center] [left][size 1]by the way welcome back, its been a long time since we have herd from you.[/size][/left] [left][size 1]have you gotten in any fishing in during the last 6 months we havent herd from you?[/size][/left] [left][size 1]if you can give me more of a local discription I may have a contact in the area or may be able to come up with one. (information like city where the dock is located or cross streats near the docks)[/size][/left]
[signature]
[shocked]when convenient,Please check your Pulse,and your "Private"--Parts 4, your Box.... Got" Cha"----"messages in-box"......lol....lol..[Tongue]
[signature]