Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plenty of Great Action in Miami, FL
What a great feeling to get back out on the ocean again. On Saturday we had a large group of anglers that required 7 boats. Finding bait up in the Haulover area only required a few throws of the net to black out your live well. Those who searched for bait in the Government Cut area struggled. Bait was shared around to all boats and off we went. Several boats fished for spanish mackerel and were very successful. Some boats fished from the reef out to 250'. Every boat in that group caught fish ranging from cobia, kingfish, sailfish, and dolphin. Aboard Knot Nancy, we ran out to the blue/green edge that was in 830' and caught dolphin by slow trolling our baits into the current. Then we ran back inshore to finish out the day and caught a few spanish mackerel. The highlight of all the catches was a 70 pound wahoo that was caught on a live pilchard that was put down with a 1 ounce break away lead. Everyone on each of the boats had a great time. Even those who didn't feel to well because of motion sickness. It always seems like a fishing trip comes to an end too soon and this one was no exception.

We'll be out Tuesday evening to check out the tarpon scene. I'll keep you posted about the findings. Bookings for tarpon in 2006 have started to come in. Don't get left out with that date you want. It's never too early to book a trip.

It's getting very close to that time of the year again. You know, the Holiday Season. Now's a good time to purchase those fishing gift certificates for the hard to please angler on your gift list. Give me a call or send me an email for more information.

Captain Dave Kostyo
Knot Nancy Fishing Charters
305 620-5896 Charter
305 965-9454 Cell
www.knotnancy.com
nkostyo@bellsouth.net
[signature]