Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two bucks found dead - antler to antler combat!
From the DWR Website:

http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/news/05-11/dead_elk.php

Last modified: Friday, November 04, 2005

A fight to the death claims the life of two buck deer [Image: dead_elk2.jpg]
Two mature bucks lie dead after a fatal fight.

Photo by Sergeant Edward Meyers & A J Rogers, ranch foreman
Apparently, last Saturday, two mature mule deer bucks clashed in a fatal fight for breeding rights at the Nash Wash WMA in the South Book Cliffs.
One buck with a 27-inch-wide, 3 x 4 rack was examined by Sergeant Meyers and was found to have suffered two broken legs as well as numerous puncture wounds.
The second buck, a 24-inch 4 x 4, exhibited numerous scrapes and a fatal puncture wound to the throat.
Although competition for breeding rights is common among most animals, fights don't usually end in the death of one or both combatants. Nonetheless, many adolescent and adult males bear scars and injuries from such encounters.
[signature]
Isn't nature just wonderful? If they were that interested in dying, they could have come and hung out at my bow camp! I would have been happy to administer "fatal" punctures.
[signature]
Can animals be arrested for poaching another animal?[Wink] Or maybe, one of them had a tag!!
[signature]
Looks like the scene of a murder-suicide.
[signature]
Is the dog in that photo getting ready to take a dump? LOL. I think they could have taken a second photo, or at least cropped it a bit better.

L
[signature]
What a waste of a couple of fine animals but I guess thats nature. WH2
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I think that dog in the picture has a turd hanging from his butt.[laugh][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I sure hope that was one good looking doe. to die for hmmmmm
thats one nice 3 x 4
later chuck
[signature]
I actually know a guy who went to his duck camp for a day of duck hunting and found 2 whitetails, 11 and 14 pointer,racks still stuck together bodies bloated sitting about 6 feet offshore completely submerged underwater. They were fighting and must of drown each other. He didn't see them right away, but looked around to find where the stink was coming from. He still has the racks and skulls, still stuck together. Some collector thought it was so crazy he offered him $10,000 for it, but he turned it down. (he has some money in the bank already)
[signature]