Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SuperCat Kickboats and pontoons
I was lookin' through Tubedude's massive collection of commercially available float tubes and noticed that he didn't have any reference to the SuperCat. These kickboats are popular in Southern Oregon down in the Klamath basin area, having been popularized in that area by well-known stillwater flyfisher, Denny Rickards. They are also popular north of the U.S. border in B.C. They're quite spendy compared with some models, but quality is very high. I encountered a couple of guys who were using them on a recent fishing trip and I was quite impressed.

The website is at:

[url "http://www.supercat.us/site/412251/page/118491"]http://www.supercat.us/site/412251/page/118491[/url]

Here are a couple of pics from their website:

[Image: SC_LADY2.jpg&picture.width.max=450]

[Image: imagewrap.img?]

[Image: SC_PETERK1.jpg&picture.width.max=450]

[Image: SC3RF.jpg&picture.width.max=450]

If anyone has one of these I'd be interested in knowing what you think of it.

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks, Bro. I had not seen anything on those, but they look good.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In putting together the "Buying Guides", in the picture section, I looked long and hard at different manufacturers. Most of what I included was from well known national concerns. That unit, and several other regional craft, seem to be limited to the production capabilities of smaller companies, that do not do a lot of website or other advertising.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]To get some "one on one" input, you are probably going to have to watch for one on the water and then buttonhole the user. Maybe you can go to a dealer and ask for a name or two of their happy customers and then track them down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]They look good to me. The only concern I might have is how they handle in the wind. I "drove" a Kennebec for about a year. It was the twin rounded pontoon style too, and it was miserable to try to maintain position in even the slightest breeze. I have thought about that many times while easily maintaining position in my pointed bow Fat Cat.[/#0000ff]
[signature]