Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11/10/05
A beautiful day for fishing but not a great day for catching fish. This week it was shore and float tube fishing with my two buddies because our Berry guide Bigfishrule’s was busy this weekend getting ready for the elk hunt. We started fishing at Haus Point just as the sunrise started turning the clouds red. I caught a 19 inch cut on the fifth cast with my ghost pointer, thought it was going to be a great fishing day but that was the last fish any of us caught until about 1:00 PM. Tried tube jigs, lures, several different types of pointers with no luck. At last resort started floating a night crawler 4 feet from the surface and picked up 6 cuts with in 30 minutes, and had one strike on a Ghost Pointer. Then fished for two more hours with no bites, at that note we left for home. It was a nice warm day, a long sleeve shirt was all that was needed to stay comfortable. For me nice days are for slow fishing and stormy cold days fast fishing and bigger fish. But any day is a good day to fish!!!!!
[signature]
Might of been a tough day fishing but it was better than being at work or sitting home. You need to make Mr. BigFishRules understand that fishing with the boys is more important than hunting.

What depth where you fishing in?
[signature]
Hit the berry this afternoon myself and had about the same results. Didn't get there until after two and only stayed until about 4:30 but with all the wind that was all my legs could take kicking like mad to stay out of the middle of the lake. Fished over at Chicken Creek East. Caught half a dozen fish but only when the wind was blowing the most would they bite. Tried everything I had but finally went back to a white tube jig with some worm fished on the bottom. Only thing they would take. Talked to some men in a small boat that said it had been slow all day and that fish were a little deeper then they have been lately. Thirty to thirty five feet seemed to be the magic depth of the day. Only marked one school of fish on the sonar all day. The small boats had to get off the lake when the wind started blowing but sure wanted to come back out when I started pulling in fish. The fish were all in the slot with the smallest at 19 and the largest just barely under the magic 22 inch length so back it went. Legs are dead but can't put a price on the sunset up there tonight. It was awsome.
[signature]
At least you could get out and fish! I've got a lame cold this week, so no fishin' for me!
[signature]
Your right sitting at home thinking I could have gone fishing is the worst. The water depth was 24 feet. I hope Bigfishrule is ready to go fishing soon, a boat is a lot more fun than kicking around in a tube...
[signature]