Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 11/10
So I'm driving to work this morning and as we pass Willard Bay I notice a light fog and the glassy water and think to myself, perfect day to catch some Walleye [cool] right.Well to make a long story short we were on the water by 2:45. We started trolling the south east corner towards the feed lot and marked a few nice schools of fish but no hits after about an hour of trolling so we decided to find a school and try jigging.We found a nice school holding on a "ledge" 3' depth change in willard in 18' of water. Within a few minutes I had my first light tap I thought Walleye but nothing after a few more misses I finally hook up and it's a fat 10" Perch a few minutes later my brother hooks a even fatter 11" Perch we also caught a couple decent little channel cats and smaller perch no Walleye but did have one large fish on that we never got to see. We were using red jig heads with half of a minnow. As soon as the sun started dropping the bite turned off, it was fairly steady for the last 45 minutes of day light I would bet the bite is fairly steady all day long.

Good Fishing !!!
[signature]
Thats great I got to get out to Willard some time soon.
[signature]
That's a nice pair of perchies! There are some fat ones in Willard. On occasion I'll pick one up while trolling for eyes or Wipers. Tasty little buggars too. Thanks for the report.
[signature]