Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawbery 11-11 Report
Well, this morning a friend and I hit the Berry at about 7 am and fished until 11:30. We boated 53 cuts, including 6 over the slot - a picture of a nice 24"-er is attached. As usual we started with pointers and had a quick dozen in the boat in less than 45 minutes. The wind came up after about 8:15 and blew hard out of the East for about an hour. After the wind, it became dead calm with a steady drizzle - I can handle the rain, the wind was ugly though. We switched to white tubes in 15 feet of water on an old GPS'ed honey hole and hammered them for the last 2 hours. Sorry hard water guys - BAD NEWS, temp is still 46.2 degrees (in the shallows no less), gonna be a while before you are drilling any holes. Air temp when we arrived before 7 was 34 degrees, and we saw no frost. We nearly bailed during the winds, I'm glad we stayed as it ended up being a pretty good morning. Talked to a guy that had fished around Hawes and he only caught 2. I don't know how good a fisherman he was though.
[signature]
Nice fish! You sure have been puttin' the hurt on them this fall. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Sounds like another very succesful Strawberry outing for you. Any snow on the ground up there?
[signature]
No sign of snow, too warm, it rained all around today except for the very tops of the mountains.
[signature]
great report. looks like you guys hammered them again.
looks like a trip on sunday is due.
[signature]
Nice looking cut. Like always good numbers and big fish. Can't beat that. Did you get the 24 incher off the pointer or a jig?

I am going to try my luck at the berry this Sunday.
[signature]
Hit it hard this weekend, the weather in the North should be ideal, I'm heading to Fish Lake to try for Mac, weather permitting. I caught the 24" on a pointer, but all of the others over the slot were caught on jigs in 15-17 feet of water, cast and retrieve - no ice of the ramp this time hopefully!
[signature]
Nice report. Just when it seemed to far to drive. Its hard to turn down a potential fifty fish day, I may have to make the drive this week. Nice Job!
[signature]
Wow!! Nice fish!! I need to learn how to use tube jigs or find me one of those "honey hole's".
[signature]
Nice looking fish,I'm going to try it again Sunday.
[signature]
Another fine report . I may have to mortgage the house to go again . The pic says it all . Thanks
[signature]