Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on particular toons
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard, matey. Happy to provide whatever info we can, to help you make the best decision for your particular needs...and budget. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]First, you should probably wander over to the picture section of the board [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=130;"]LINK TO PICTURE BOARD[/url] if you haven't already been there. There are some threads there that will offer input and info on different models.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your profile does not tell which part of the country you hail from, but here in Utah, where I live, Dave Scadden is not held in high regard. The consensus is that his equipment is overpriced, and it is sometimes difficult to get your equipment just the way you order it. The positive is that his craft are made for him by Aire Mfg, the company that makes the Outcast line. The quality is good.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The Creek Company has really been coming on strong in both pontoons and tubes. They have always had good quality and now they are offering a bigger lineup of models. They are also fairly and competitively priced for the quality and features they offer. I do not know any buyer of Creek craft that has been unhappy with their choice. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The Colorado is a popular toon. We have several of the Utah BFT members who have the Colorado and are happy with them. At one time there were some valve issues, but newer models seem to have eliminated that problem. This 'toon is usually available at special prices, unlike some of the other lines. If you shop online...or at Sam's Club...you can sometimes get a better price than MSLP.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All of the models you are considering are rated at well above your weight...even if you add an electric motor and heavy battery. You did not mention the type of fishing you will be doing, or in what kind of water. Obviously, some things (like river running) might influence any specific recommendations.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am attaching the first draft of a chapter for my 2006 (hopefully) tubing and 'tooning book..."PONTOONERY". I am still editing it, but there should be some worthwhile stuff in there for you, especially if you are new to pontoons.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hey...you other guys are free to read it too. I would be interested in getting your feedback on potential changes or inclusions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Opinions on particular toons - by kevinkay - 11-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Re: [kevinkay] Opinions on particular toons - by TubeDude - 11-17-2005, 01:20 PM