Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello TN
howdy
just moved here from Utah, where they have the most active board at this website and thought i would give anyone a shout that may look at this board on occasion.
I am an avid fisherman and spent several years here in TN back in the 80's.
Anyway, i'll try to post some reports now and again. Gonna try for some sauger here in the next week or two. I'm shorebound with a dog in tow, normally.

cyas
rc
welcome to Tennessee board, or is that state too?

what parts are you fishing? (dont surender you favorite hole, genneral locations are kool.

I am hoping to get in a little small mouth bass action soon my self.
[signature]
ya, just moved to Tenn. Got a job locked down yesterday. Went over to cheatam dam today, so i could remember how to get there...lol.
gonna try and hit below the dam on sat morning.

cyas
rc
I hope that job wasnt at GM. I saw thier Tenn plant is going to be sut down soon.

did you make it out to Cheatam Saturday?
[signature]
fortunately my job is not with GM! heh.

I work in the office equipment business and have done so for many years. It's enabled me to move around quite a bit, as once you have a certain skillset in this business, there's always a company in larger cities that is hiring experienced technicians. I just have to stop on top of the technology to be marketable.

I'll post a fishing report in a new thread.

cyas
rc
I went in the opposite direct as you; I was born and raised in Tennessee, and now call Utah home.
You're right about the BFT board - there's more posts in Utah than a couple of other states combined.
I fished out there all my life, but I've got to tell you, with the added attraction of ice fishing, I have NO desire to move back! The ice season is just too much fun!
Hope you enjoy BIG ORANGE COUNTRY!
Go VOLS!!!
[signature]
thats a big 10-4 on the ice fishing.... I will miss it for sure when I get down to tennessee from south east michigan. I do admit ice fishing is slim here, lately we have been lucky to get on the ice by the end of the year only to be chased off by the january thaw for a couple weeks then get back on for about three weeks till the end of february and some years we never do get ice....
[signature]
i will sorely miss willard bay. [unsure] spent a lot of time there this year. I also fished strawberry a lot just before i moved here. I plan on flying back every now and then in the late fall to hit strawberry just before ice-on. The fishing there is hard to match. [Smile]

utah has some great fishing, that's for sure.

i hope to break the 20# cat mark this summer. have never landed a cat over 12#. Also looking forward to hitting some of the small middle TN streams for some of those rock bass, i think they were called here...fun fish and very tasty!

EDIT: I had also met a couple BFT'ers that were gonna take me ice fishing for the first time, so that was another disappointment! [Sad]

cyas
rc
glad you stopped in been out to long sick but getting ready to hit it hard soon as weather alowws
[signature]