Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you like to ice fish with?
OK now lets have your most and best lure or lures for ice fishing and where and how to rig them and how to fish them and what you are catching on them????[crazy][crazy]

I like to use the ice fly tipped with perch meat and fished with a MOJO down shot weight 4 to 6 in. below the fly for perch.
I like to fish at Rockport Yuba and Deer creek well any place that has big perch.

I like to fish for bass through the ice with the MOJO down shot weight for bass, I like the MOJO weights so I can ajust the height of my bait from the bottom so they can see it I use Berkley and Gary Yamamoto and Zoom and Strike King Lures in lots of colors and types just to name a few.

[signature]
for perch its a sweedish pimple bronze tipped with an eyeball from the first perch. for trout its a rat finkee glow size 6 tipped with a waxie. for walleyes its a jigging rapala tipped with crawler.
[signature]
I like smallmouth meat for bait![Tongue] Seriously though, I prefer plastics like tube jigs, paddle bugs, boogers, watta crickets and gitzits lil tough guys. Sometimes I will fish with a small green jig dropper that I affectionately call "mean joe green" (ask Tommegun about mean joe). I always sweeten up the offering with a mealie or waxie, and will usually add some smelly jelly just as a teaser. These are my staple. I have a few ice flies and kastmasters, but I don't use them much.

How do you rig a Mojo weight? Might be fun to try.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Tubes. Seems like everything and anything will bite a tube jig. Lots of sizes and colors for large trout to panfish. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I agree with BLM. Tbes, tubes and more tubes. Small ones, medium ones, it doesnt matter.
[signature]
I like to fish with whatever they happen to be biting that day. I use tubes, Jigging Rapalas, spoons, Kastmasters, Swedish Pimples, flies, and others. I tip all lures with a piece of minnow, a piece of crawler, or a wax or meal worm. I also use attractants.
[signature]
I could show you better then tell you but here goes .

Take your hook and your line tie your hook with a palamar knot with the tag end about 2 feet long so you can cut to length of what you need [url "http://www.mojolures.com/"]www.mojolures.com[/url] explains it betterthen I do and every package comes with instruction in it.

[signature]
big hook's[Wink][sly][cool][Tongue]
[signature]
live minnows!!

oh yeah, but not here in Utah.[sly]
[signature]
[cool]Ice rods with a strike indicator attatched![Tongue]
[signature]
Fuzzy has found the mother load yes there is ice.
[signature]
[Wink]Coldfeet. Just kidding..

Actually, hot coffee.
[signature]
Whatta cricket on 1/16th oz heads#1
Foxee jigs#2
BOOGERS yahoo! hurray!yeepee! it's like christmas is here![crazy][Wink][Smile][blush]
I'm going ice fishing! I'm going ice fishing! I'm going icefishing!

Just recieved my first shipment of 8,000 wax and 2,000 meal worms today!!!
[signature]
Chicks in there ice bikinis.[cool]
[signature]
100 proof Peppermitt snapps[Wink]
[signature]
I just fish with MOJO weights. They are so awesome they catch fish w/o a hook....LOL. They paying you anything Cliff or just giving a little product here and there??
[signature]
Loomislover does looms pay you or you just that way.
I though that this was a board where fisherman could give tips on thing that help with fishing, and when some one does I don't see why all you do is try to attack. ( they MOJO) has the best weight on the market today if you have a better one bring it on or shut up with your mouth...And your slander...The DWR board put you in your place so now you come over here... Growup...

[signature]
John where can I find some of those lures they sound like fun.
[signature]
I Want to put a fishing party together with bigfishrules and fishcrazy! Would be a site to see! lol!
[signature]
Sounds like fun can I come.
[signature]