Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishfinder battery question
I have a 12 volt 700mA rechargable battery purchased at SW. I have it all rigged up to use with my fishfinder on the ice. I have been told that it is bad to run these batteries down too far.

So the question is.... Does anyone know how far is too far?

At full charge it registers at about 13.8 - 14.1 volts. My fishfinder has an alarm feature to tell you when your battery gets down to a certain level, and you can set that level at whatever you want. It was factory set at 11.2 volts. I was just wondering what level I can run the battery down to and not damage it?

Thanks!
[signature]
Bigcat-Never hade any trouble with mine,have used a couple of seasons.I fish for 3-6 hours.
[signature]
Most fishfinders have a low voltage shut off, so I don't think you can run it too low. Now if you used all your juice with the finder, and then hooked up a 12V light, you might have a problem. I've used mine for a couple years, and run the battery till the finder cuts out several time, and it does not seem to have bothered the thing.
[signature]
I've had one I've used to start R/C aircraft, run the finder on the dinker boat, as well as ice fishing for the past 5 years and its bottomed out several times. It usually gives me two 10 hours days fairly easy and longer if the days are warmer. Never a problem, your mileage may vary..
[signature]