Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fishing Tree
[url "http://www.hometown-pages.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&SectionID=26&ArticleID=2887&SubSectionID=137"][/url]I found this posted by a friend of mine. Thought I'd share the news.

"
Here is a great Minnesota event that combines fishing, kids, and a good charity into a fun time for all. It is called the Fishing Tree.

It is a community event that will auction off the Fishing Trees, two childrens trees, an adult tree and alot of fishing gear. The kicker is, the trees are covered in fishing lures, rods, reels, etc. The boys & girls trees each have a rod, reel, lures, tackle box, lifejacket, fishing journal, coloring books, how to fish game, Woo Daves signed lures, bobbers, sinkers, hooks & more!

I'm asking for your help in spreading the word.

The event is on November 26th, in Spring Grove, MN. Please check the website for all the info. [url "http://www.thefishingtree.com./"]www.thefishingtree.com.[/url]

At this point, spreading the word is the best thing that can happen. Ideally, some one could attend the event and place a bid. [Image: icon_smile.gif] If someone wanted to still donate something, it would be close, but they still could. We could always use new rods, reels or fishing supplies. Even if it does not arrive by the auction, we have had so many donations that we will end up having a "internet auction" after the Festival with all proceeds from that also being given to a local charity. Or just plain cash to Care & Share always works.

If someone wants to still donate, they could send me an email at [url "mailto:rob@thefishingtree.com"]rob@thefishingtree.com[/url] and I can get them all info.

Rob Gross
[url "mailto:rob@thefishingtree.com"]rob@thefishingtree.com[/url]"
[signature]
I have been meaning to ask,

how far are you from Benard? and will you be planning on hitting the worlds largest ice fishing festival and do you plan on attempting to qualify for the $10,000 purce at the ice fishing champianship tourny?
[signature]
[Smile] Thats on Gull lake outside of Brainard ,MN .
My work is takes me by the spot they have it every so often , infact,starting Monday , i'll be working about 3 miles from there for a week !

[signature]
Brainerd is about a 2 1/2 hr drive if you're going the speed limit. So for me would probably be closer to 3 hrs.

I've never thought about entering that huge ice fishing contest. This winter I might enter the one in Forest Lake though. You can win big prizes just being in the top 100. So if you catch that .2 oz bluegill, you could win big money. In the past I've been busy with the church choir. This winter I'm hoping we're not singing that day.
[signature]
I have been trying to figure how to get on the circut here in michigan,

last year our three runners up were paid 3, 5, 10 thousand dollars and got to go to the nationals...

3 thousand is minimum of what it would cost to get me from here to there.... I think national first prise last year was 50 thousand in wisconson.... (if memory serves)
[signature]