Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you be Ice Fishing this year?

[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hopin ice sets in before christmas...

Lookin for a christmas bass for dinner [Tongue]

they are rather taisty when pulled up out of a hole in the ice.
[signature]
There's no sense in fishing for ice - it's made right in the freezer!

Seriously - there's not enough ice in Florida to cut a hole in!

Why would anyone live where it's that cold? And since some do, why would anyone want to stay outside in it for that long?

Brrr! NO THANKS! [laugh]
[signature]
I have to agree with you Snook.hooker, after working in it for five days a week, I prefer my ice in a cup now. Gave my gear to Tomc. [ He still has his youth.][Wink] Good luck to all the boys, they deserve it.
[signature]
HA HA gregg,still have my youth??i am not that much younger than you.. just bring on that hard water!!!!looking forward on useing the tip-ups you gave me
[signature]
LOL!!!!!! SNOOK.HOOKER!!!!!! NOW THATS FUNNY, but never the less I may give it a go this year. I have been wanting to try it for a few years now and haven't yet.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
My neighbor is 70+ and he cant wait to get out on the ice....

I am sitting here waiting for ice tieing up my crappie and perch snells for my minny rigs that I made this year. (experimental) the big comercial one look nice but I have a lot of problems with them under the ice... and thay keep getting tangled up in the bottom of my bucket...

half the fun of ice fishing is building stuff to try, even if it dont work... and when it dose... WooHoo!

I met a ice angler one frosty day, I showed him where to pull up cisco and he showed me how to recycle gitar sting in to rod bobbers... they work better than the store bought ones... I dont have a gitar but I do have a banjo with a few broken strings I was going to save for snairs.

I have another buddie who showed me how to see fish bites before the bobber shows a bite, he took a picture frame design and made one out of 1/8 inch pannel board and set it on the back side of his hole, and when the fish bite but not hard enough to move the bobber you can see the line straighten out. I came up with an idea that if you take a black plastic 5 gallon pail you can cut it in half and set it on the windy side of the hole to keep the snow from blowing in.. just take the ice shavings from drilling your hole to set inside the of the sawn buckets to keep it from blowing away... and you still get the black picture frame line advantage...

the real kick is going out on the ice and seeing all the inventions that other anglers have come up with. I ran in to an angler on lake st clare who invented a three inch telocopic ice rod. worked great for shallow perch fishing. (under 10 feet) he pulled up perch as fast if not faster than any one else on the lake....

so what are you going to do come the end of january when cabin fever sets in? You can only play thumb hocky for so long...
[signature]
Well for me Dave, the kitchen floor I put down 4 years ago has started to buckle up from a small leak from the frig. My winter project is to tear up the Pergo and install Australian Cypres, Diagonally on the kitchen floor. Sometimes I use the winter down time to take care of the Honeydo lists. Then come ice out she never bothers me.[Wink]
[signature]
Mike you should do two things if you are planning on trying it this year.

one - read icefishing tip of the day on top of the ice fishing board

two - go with some one...

Three - Letters to santa axidently left laying around the house asking for spcific ice fishing gear

I am sure if you put in a plug in for the fish you plan on targeting on the ice fishing board you will get more info than you could ever use..

there are only a few things in michigan I havent done, one is catch a musky another is catch a trout though the ice... I plan on doing the trout though the ice thing this season....
[signature]
the lions put out a help wanted sign the other day,
they could use some one with your orginazational skills... LOL

deffinantly a after the holiday job that will keep ya bussy for weeks.... Ya just might git-r done by the spring steelhead runs....
[signature]
Started ice fishing a couple of years ago and love it. I can't wait for the season to start, but this warm spell is disheartening.
[signature]
I wish we had fishable ice 9 months out of the year!
[signature]
I'll be out there possibly Thursday, definitely Friday, maybe Saturday and Sunday.
[signature]
for me it will be a week from thursday if the weather holds out.
[signature]
Dang useless winter this has been for any fishing. Ice isn't thick enough for ice fishing and too much for open water fishing of any kind. God has a cruel sense of humour. Particularly towards fishermen.[mad]
[signature]
I got out one day in mid december and the weather turned to mush the vary next day and has stayed that way since.
[signature]
I hope I do!!!
[signature]
I sure hope to
[signature]
Up In Canada(Maritimes) it's been very warm..no ice..well not safe to go out on...they pulled 10 ice shanty's from the ice..so they wouldn't go under.
I give up on ice fishing This Year
Bring on Spring
[signature]