Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE REPORTS 2005-2006
[Smile]IT HAS BEGUN !! THERE WERE ICE FISHERMAN ON RUSH LAST WEEKEND (THANKSGIVING) !! >>REMEMBER , ALWAYS PRACTICE SAFTEY !!!!!!!!

>>>>
[signature]
I heard they were on the channel on Coon Lake last Saturday. But all the ice melted Sunday and Monday. But now we've got at least 10 days with highs in the low to mid-20's in the forecast. Woohoo!
[signature]
5" on Deadshot bay in Detroit Lakes, and people are drilling holes.
[signature]
I'll be driving around some of the smaller lakes around my area and also stopping in at some of the bait and tackle shops asking them for reports. I'll report back in a day or two!

This is my favorite fishing season. I can't wait to get out there. Woohoo!
[signature]
now look at what you have done, now we have another ice rat to trip over out on the frozen tundra! [Tongue] Good Job...[cool]
[signature]
Haha Dave!

I'm definitely going to have to check on things after this heatwave is over with. Mid-upper 30's through Monday.

Up through yesterday there were reports of ice 3½"-7" thick in the Minneapolis,St Paul area. Also heard reports of open/slushy areas after the big snow of the year.
[signature]
I got out yesterday and spent most of the whole day, I found a good solid two inches of ice, I was fishing less than 50 yards of wide open water.

I tell ya the ice in south east michigan is as dangerous as dating a witches sister... I went though only twice yesterday, day before yesterday I went through just about every other step, today it is raining, we are suspost to see rain up till christmas... I dont know which is worse, rain or snow, eather one makes my lake slushy. the weight of the snow makes the water flow over top the ice and mixes with the snow and then it takes days for it to freeze. I am hoping it drops in to the teen every night so we dont loose any ice.

this rain is making it hard to catch my christmas bass dinner...

be sure to let me know how your ice holds up...
[signature]
well lets see my report is from a few weeks ago..
park rapids area lakes..

North twin had 12''

South twin had 11''

Stocking had 9''

Long lake had 12''

Duck lake had 14''

Thats all for now..

Remeber ice is never safe..
[signature]
Thanks Jon!

Talk to Flagman lately?
[signature]
who is flag or even better what does he look like..[laugh][Smile]
[signature]
[Tongue] I've seen him around , good looking guy I might add !!! I've been told he's been really sneaky the past few weeks , maybe hes working ? oh ya , he has a job !!!! LOL !!!!!

[signature]
a job whats that last time i talked to ya you were looking for a helper did you find some one yet ?

catch-n is doing a get togher jan 14 2006 on buffalo lake in buffalo mn come on down for the day..
as for me right now i'm fishing just about everyday ..
[signature]
About 4-6 inches of ice still around here. Saw people out on the local lake with the aerator. But did receive this notice from the DNR.

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]Ice conditions continue to deteriorate around the state. Be sure to
check with a local bait shop or resort located on or near the lake(s) that
you're considering fishing on, before heading out.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I went to the park today and watched in absolute horror as a couple boys in thier early teens decided they were going to test the ice on the pond. we had one night below 20 that has stiffened up smaller ponds but by no means safe to walk on, let alone jumping up and down on.

I ended up having to sit on an ice cold bench till they were done, the nearest help was more than 15 minutes away. no adults watching over them. the went all the way around the pond stomping untill the ice cracked. I couldnt walk away, the boys would not heed my wornings. fortunatly they gave up before the ice gave in.

I walked over near the ponds after they left and saw loads of cracks and water flowing on top the ice.... now thats scarry.
[signature]
Was on Crooked Lake in Coon Rapids yesterday. Ice was anywhere between 6 and 9 inches in just a 100 yard distance. Sloppy on top (about half an inch of slush in some areas, closer to an inch in other areas).
[signature]
Well, the DNR apparently thinks it's thick enough to drive on here in Anoka County so I'm guessing it's over a foot thick. Too bad I won't have much time to go check. In the process of packing to move (yet again).