Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what time of year is the best action for bear lake macs?
if you bear lake experts could only fish the bear one day a year what day whoud it be? what would you use if you didn't have a downrigger? and what part of the lake would you fish? i am trying to plan a trip for next year and am trying to get some info on whats hot and whats not. time of year, tackle and tecqniques, and location on the lake. i have never fished for macs before so i'm in need of a little "bear lake education" any tips would be appreciated. i know a handfull of you guys have been up there lately and it looks like a blast, definately got me jones'en for some macs.
[signature]
October 20-25 (for lake trout)
Rockpile, east of Ideal Beach Resort
Black tube jigs (3-4" long) with stinger hook tipped with cisco
60 feet of water
[signature]
[Wink] I feel the same as Scott does, Only difference would be with a white Tube jig
[signature]
End of september 1st week of october. Pre spawn trolling or jigging.
Just my opinion.

Bodine
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I like spawn fishing but it ain't easy and it ain't for everyone. I also like post spawn better than prespawn so, IMHO, some of the best fishing is yet to come. Jigs of all type. Tubes, flukes, and swimbaits of all kinds with or without bait. White is my goto color but it ain't the bomb everyday. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey, you can't complain with the results Bodine11 has trolling. Just great success but I like jigging. I like the one on one with the fish. I like setting a fish up and smacking him when he doesn't know it's coming and the hookset! Nothing like feeling that hookset on a good fish. The fish doesn't lift up at all... just rod bend. I love it![/size][/font]
[signature]
thanx for the input guys, i knew i could count on you. guess i will be planning my trip for late october.

p.s. mack jerkers rock!
[signature]
My choice would be a week before Christmas....oh....excuse me. The "Holiday" towards the end of December. I have to remember to be politically correct. I like white tubes or homemade swim baits. I like the Rockpile. It is also a great time to catch some very nice cutts. They seem to be mixed with the macks.
[signature]