Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP WITH STARVATION
Has anyone had any luck landing the walleye's throu the ice there? If so what works? lures, depths or any info that might help me land some this ice season. Thanks
[signature]
RED JIG AND HALF A CRAWLER. IN 50 FT.
[signature]
Last year most of the fishing took place at the dam I never saw any caught, they told me it was good for waleye a few days right after ice on, crawlers are the most popular tipping bait, we caught some brownes and heard there were perch,
[signature]
like crossineyes said red leadhead half a crawler. find humps with deep water around and fish right on top of the hump. the best thing to do would be, get a map and depth finder, because, if your not right on the tiptop your not catching. I was 15 feet away from my friends and they were catchig them and I was not, I had to move closer. the bite starts about 4:00 pm until dark. hope this helps
laer chuck
[signature]
Is there any ice on Starvation yet???
[signature]
[cool]Hey Utwalleye and Crossineyes, what size of the red jighead do you prefer? Would you say 1/16 oz. is good, or should a guy go heavier like 1/8 or 1/4? Also, does perch eyes work well as bait too? I would think it might, but I'm new at 'eyes through the ice. Also, when does Starvation usually have safe ice? Around New Years or so, or is it later than that? Thanks for any info!
[signature]
1\4 to 1\8 oz. works well. it gets you down to the bottom quick.
the times I've ice fished stravation is in Jan. perch eyes work great for just about any fishing I think. later chuck
[signature]