Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Creek ICE!!!!!
Now that I have your attention,I just want to say that in another post regarding strawberry ice there was a quote saying "they didnt want another grand opening of cabelas on mud creek"..Well guys I hope you know that ice fishing or early ice fishing on strawberry is no secrert and everyone knows.I have to agree with Cfoodlver with the snobs on here that dont want to share info.IF you dont want to tell anyone then dont post it!!!..We are all here to share general information.There are PLENTY of slimers in strawberry to go around they won't all be caught when the first ice is on mud creek or any other of the protected bays up there.

My props to fuzzyfisher who lets us all know about early ice conditions and fishing reports and dosn't mind sharing it.

I know there are a ton of guys on here who post where they fish and what they used and give out more then just general stuff and props to them also,I try to do the same when I am out but this whole SECRET stuff is getting old.I may get alot of crap for this post but I dont care,I think it needed to be said.

So for everyone wanting info on the berry ice here it is.I was up there yesterday for a drive.Some bays are starting to freeze,they should be safe in a week or so and the whole lake should be locked up after xmas (like it is every year)Use white tube jigs,grubs,and anyother jig that represents a minnow.Tip it with night crawler,meal worm ,or minnow with crawdad smelly jelly or not.That is what i use and I always have greaat luck.They key is to move around to locate fish under the ice ,once you have get ready for some fun!!!!!

Happy Hoildays to all!!! careful on the ice!![Wink]
[signature]
Hey thanks for the post, is there safe ice (thickness?). I was thinking of going up there thursday? Also is there much open water? thanks again
[signature]
I came really close to posting another message last night after reading the "grand opening at Cabelas" crap, but thought that my 2 cents on the fish snobs post was enough. But here I go again. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way. The past couple of years I have really enjoyed reading the reports and seeing the pictures of fish that are posted here along with wealth of information on how to catch more fish from guys like TubeDude. I think some of you guys have forgotten the reason for this board. And do you realize, that you may have created the very monster that you complain about? Trying to keep secret whats happening at Strawberry or any other body of water is a joke. I know guys that are going up there every day this week with sleds and augers ready to drill and fish. Unless you paid more for your fishing license than I did, that "I hope I'm the only one fishing here, and nobody finds out about this" attitude isn't neccessary. Come drill a hole right next to mine, I don't care.
[signature]
You guys have hit it on the nose. If we aren't sharing information here, why do we even use this site?
I guess there are some people that think that they are the only ones that have the right to use public lands.
Also the remark about the secret information being leaked over to the enemy DWR site is crap!
I see the same problem anytime a group of people gather. Some are just selfish and don't like to play with others.
Well wake up folks, this IS a place to share information so if you don't like it, go some place else!!!
[signature]
Five posts in TWO YEARS...perhaps it's YOU who have "forgotten the reason for this board." Maybe we should all give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that all five of those posts were posting reports of how you did (including where you went, when you went, what lures worked well, etc.), or maybe you just didn't fish AT ALL the past two years? I really have to wonder if that's true, however.[crazy] If you haven't been fishing at all the past two years cfoodluvr, then you are RIGHT, I was being a fish snob with some of my comments. However, if you HAVE INDEED been fishing at all the past two years, then just maybe it's YOU who is the "fish snob," by holding out on your reports.[crazy] How hypocritical would that be? Who knows, maybe you haven't fished at all these past two years, and IF that's true, then I'M SORRY about the snobby comments.

If that's not true and you have been fishing often the past two years and NEVER post your reports, than you are a selfish member of this board who only TAKES and never GIVES. I would say that posting five times in the past two years when you've probably visited this site hundreds of times is a bit snobish, don't you think? Certainly you must have some knowledge or insight (or even something humorous) to add to this site. Every fisherman that frequents this site has at least a little something to give/share with the others to make this a better place to visit! We can all benefit and learn from others.

So which is it? You have or haven't fished the past two years?

I've posted the comments I have because as TubeDude said in his post on your "fish snob" thread, MANY of us on BFT have posted a report on one of our favorite little honey holes that is usually prestine and unmolested only to go back there a week or two later to find the fishing VERY slow with the new addition of worm containers, and other trash there. There are several folks on this board that have had this happen before and posted about this type of unfortunite experience. This board is not as small of a community as it was 2-3 years ago when I first started coming by. The mods don't have a way of officially knowing, but there has to be close to 1000 "members" of the Utah board, but fewer than 100 of them post their reports, etc., with hundreds of other "guests." Since you don't post your reports, you've probably never had the above experience happen to you, but for those of us that have, it really gets the blood boiling. Obviously Strawberry is a huge lake with lots of slime rockets there for the catching (and releasing most of, hopefully), so it doesn't matter if there's posts on a body of water like that, but a place like Hunington? Have you ever been there? It's a pretty small lake. 500 people there in one day is too many and awefully crowded! How about the little bass pond off I-80 or Bells Falls, or Mill Creek, and on and on! There's certain places that can't take dozens or even hundreds of people hitting it all in one weeks time.

I'll try to keep my comments less "fish snob"-ish in the future. I haven't taken anything you've said personally, and have pretty thick skin, but I just thought I'd explain where I'm coming from a little.

I think a lot of people are just in SERIOUS need of getting off their cans and getting out on a good ol' ice fishin' trip. So let's all go fishin' already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![Wink]
[signature]
Yes there are snobs on this board soooo freakin what... Get used to it they are in every aspect of life. When ever a group of people get togather whether it be in real life our cyber space it happens. They are here and will always be here and every where else in life. Look at the idea of keeping up with the jones idea where did that come from. Personally I hate it as much as you do. It is just something I have to deal with. Besides there are fish out there needing to be cought. here fishy fishy or better yet here kitty kitty kitty (catfishin)
[signature]
I replied several times to the post you are referring and don't blame him for not wanting to share all of his information. First off, you can check my posts, I post all my trips and more than willing to share. One thing I'm not always anxious to share is the exact location for reasons stated above. I have no problem with people posting there results, how they did and the general area they went. His post was in that boat and there is nothing wrong with it. He stated ice was at Mud Creek. I appreciate the fact he shared that information since I didn't get off my butt and drive up there. Wish I could have.
I'm sorry, but I think the snobs on this board are those you don't see. 99% of the snobs don't even have a login. Do a post history on most of the people you think are snobs and you will find they post more information than most.
I'm in the middle on this one, I think people should post information and share, but I don't think they need to post every detail and spec about their trip. I don't think it's fair either to label anyone anything for what they choose to post.
Next time your on the ice and mention BFT to someone and they reply "oh yeah, I go there every now and then to check out what's going on" or "I go there to see what has ice", the lines are endless... then my friend, you are looking at the snobs of this board!!
Okay, like it's been mentioned, let's all go fishing (and report whatever the hell we want).. sorry.. I'll shut up now.. [pirate]
[signature]
Wow! I just found out I'm a lurker! I've only made 205 post on this log in name.
[signature]
[cool]Very funny, skeeter2. You actually post fishing reports.
[signature]
Sorry if you thought i was a fish snob i thought i told enough info that anybody who really wishes the berry would know what im talking about matter of fact i just look whos online and it said in the last 15 min 133 people (guests) or lurkers was online now what if all 133 people went to your spot saturday when it was you who got off the couch and drove up to the lake to see how everything was going would you get online the next day and tell everybody your next spot didnt think so
[signature]
Sorry about my spelling i ment fishes not wishes[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for your post,some guys think this is their private little club.Didn't use to be that way.Let keep everything SECRET.A lack of fishing maturity
[signature]
Thanks for both your posts
[signature]
Fshslyer36,

You have one problem with your post,I did get off my couch and went up to check things out and I still shared the information.Like I said before if you don't want anyone to know about your spots then don't say anything,but when you post on here about a trip then you should share information with the rest of us.There are plenty of fish to go around.I cant count all the times where I have found a great spot and when people see me catching fish they move on top of me (especially ice fishing on the berry). Or the crowds at scofield after its first few weeks of ice up.Thats to bad about hunington with 500 people on it last saturday,last time I checked it was a public place and if people post it on here that its frooze then you have to expect the crowds.Ice fishing has gotten big in this state the last 15 yrs.Also goes for waterfowling same thing there,My only point I was trying to say was if your going to post your trips expect other people who are on this board and the lurkers to find out and join you next weekend.

There are alot of guys on here who have shared information from areas and tackle tips with me and are not selfish about it.I don't look at a post and go OH OH I need to go up there and take that guys spot!!.I can recall there were a few spots I was told about on DC for EYES this spring and not to say anything about them,I didn't because they were not mine to share and I never checked them out while I was up there,but gave me a few other options if my spots were not producing.When I have posted my tips I have givin general info out and if someone has PM'd me with a question I have answered it for them like others have for me.
This forum is a great place for up to date fishing reports and tips,thats what its established for.Do I agree with the guys who are just guest on here to gain info with out posting any..NO.I wish they would make it so you had to be registered user to use this forum.We are all fisherman looking to enjoy this sport,lets all be sportsman about it and help each other out.[cool]
[signature]
[size 2]I just get frustrated when people can't follow the directions to my spot! How hard is it to go left from the marina. Turn right at the snow drift. When you get to the spot with 12 inches of ice, 8 inches of slush, and 2 feet of snow, stop and drill because you're there. And just in case you weren't paying attention.... if you get to a place on the lake where the ice is popping under your feet, turn around and go back about 200 yards, because you've gone too far.[/size]
[signature]
[reply]
[size 2]I just get frustrated when people can't follow the directions to my spot! How hard is it to go left from the marina. Turn right at the snow drift. When you get to the spot with 12 inches of ice, 8 inches of slush, and 2 feet of snow, stop and drill because you're there. And just in case you weren't paying attention.... if you get to a place on the lake where the ice is popping under your feet, turn around and go back about 200 yards, because you've gone too far.[/size] Now thats funny!!!LMAO...[Wink] [/reply]
[signature]
Do all of you log in every time you look at BFT? Sometimes I just take a quick peek and don't log in. When I do that, I look like a lurker because my user name doesn't show. This could account for some of the "guests".
[signature]
I'm permanently logged in, so even when I come for "a quick peek" I am logged in then too.

The only thing is if you ever clear your cookies then you'll have to login next time you visit.
[signature]
amen to that brother!! I don't think this board is a contest to see who can make the most posts either. If i had some great new info that nobody knew about like a great new lure I used that worked great or fished a great new place I would be more than happy to share that info. I don't think anyone would find my most recent fishing trips that exciting.
[signature]
I can only speak for myself, I hesitate to post because of the personel attacks that occure on most boards, INCLUDING THIS ONE on a regular basis. Differences of opinion do not require name calling or personal insults or threats like we have seen so often. I Feel no need to invite the kink of exchange over simple differences of opinion. I guess I'm another LURKER!!!! Good luck Fishing!
[signature]