Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we still launch at Bear Lake???
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]
I am considering a fishing trip to Bear Lake Thursday. Does anyone know what the status of the marina is? Is there ice in the marina? Could a fella launch at the marina and get out to open water for a little jigging? I'll bet that ramp is well covered with ice and snow. I'm sure that a shovel, ice melt, and 4WD will be in order for the day. [/font][/size]
[signature]
We launched there last Saturday (12/3) because they had plowed one lane on the ramp. I am not sure how much snow they got yesterday and if they were planning on plowing all winter. 4 wheel drive is a must because there is some ice on the ramp. I had to use it Saturday to pull my boat out. There is no ice in the marina yet and the air bubblers were running full blast. Good Luck!!
[signature]
[shocked] Hey Coot,
DUDE! are you crazy? Its gonna be so f#$%^$( Cold up there! YOu are the man brother. I hope you catch the heck out of them. You deserve a 20 pounder for going out like that.

BE safe if you go

RILEY
[signature]
Ramp is plowed but slick, so ice melt would be a good addition for "just in case". Launching should not be a problem. It was -8 this morning! The marina has several deicers running and it wide open.
[signature]
Always nice to have someone on the scene to give accurate current conditions -- thanks Scott.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]BLFG,

Now that is the report I am looking for. That is fantastic to hear that someone is plowing the ramp this year. FANTASTIC!!! Scott, give whoever did the plowing a big thanks from this fisherman. And thank you Scott for the good info.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Riley,[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I figure that if I can prove myself and make it through those sub-zero temps (-8 says BLFG), I just may qualify for a guided fishing trip on the Gorge.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Ralph

If it works out next week I’ll have my enclosure finished. We’ll need to get together and drag my boat up to Bear Lake. Saturday it will be one year to the day when you took me up there and I caught that 9 ponder.
[signature]
Coot,

Your the man! The gorge in the spring with Jim.
[signature]