Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish attractants???
has anyone tried any of the "Yum" fish attractants? I now live in Tenn and could not find any of the smelly jelly products that i wanted to try here. I will have to order it online. Most every place I've been to only has those wonderful blood and stink baits for catfish, which I am no fan of...[Sad]

I did find some Yum, Shad scent, that I will be trying in the next couple days for stripers and/or sauger.

Just curious if anyone has tried it and had success with it.

cyas
rc
nope, cant say that I have. I think I saw them at bass pro shop. but cant be sure.... cabela's on line here may have them, you can do a quick search on their serch bar...

also if you sign up as a member there they have a wish list page they will keep up for you to place items you would like to order later on a single page so you dont have to look them up all over again later.......

I like the cat fish stink,, stinkyer the better...
[signature]
i agree with the stench philosophy a bit. I used liver and shrimp primarily....many years ago when i went catfishing. Since i left TN, i have moved toward using some type of minnow/small baitfish, dead or alive depending on state regs, for cats. The plastics available now, sure can replicate small baitfish very well anymore, and they are not 'real' expensive. I was just looking for a good sweetener (fish scent/oil/paste etc) to mask my human scent and entice more bites in the colder weather.

I remember letting the shrimp that i purchased setting out in the sun for a day or two, and getting nice and ripe before i used it....MAN it was nasty...lol. The stink baits seem to be somewhat costly compared to alternative catfish baits. You get a half pound of medium shrimp for what 4-5 bucks?? It's been a while.

I just know when i used the smelly jelly products in the past, i would get more hookups , than a few of my fishing buddies using the same lures and techniques. We were targeting trout though. I do not plan on catching any trout in TN on purpose...lol

cyas
rc