Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody drill Willard yet???
[cool][#0000ff]Gettin' a hankerin' to dunk for crappies (or other denizens) of Willard Bay. The north marina should be getting prime. Has anyone checked the ice there yet...or jigged a jig?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I drove by the north marina yesterday (12/8) and it looked pretty good. fully capped and such. I can't vouch for thickness though. Even if you couldn't walk on it there's quite a bit of access from the boat slips/docks extending well into the marina. Good Luck!
[signature]
What fees do they charge to park at Willard in the winter?
Are they the same as in the summer?
[signature]
i'm thinkin' that a state park is a state park, $9.00 straight up, summer or winter. standard state park fee.
[signature]
Fencekid is right. They charge whenever they can. However, I've been there several times in the off-season and never been checked. Just depends on how lucky you are. Rather than bother with luck, I just bought the season pass.[cool]
[signature]
On the 7th the marina was fully capped. I stood on the boat dock and stomped a foot through to test it. It was about 1/2 and inch thick. I'd give it another week at least.
[signature]
[cool]I was thinking of going there this week and testing it, but I'm not going to pay $9 to spend 20 minutes in there. I was wondering if the guard is in the shack this time of year, or if they even leave the gate open. Anybody know FOR SURE about this?
[signature]
Nope - it's "on your honor". But they are patrolling.
[signature]
I have an annual state park pass that is good till the end of this month. I will try to make it the Sat. and find out.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the heads up, Drew. I might grab the toddler and go out there Monday and check it out if there's no reports after this weekend since I live kind of close to it now.
[signature]