Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger trout report
Petty4life doesn't want anyone to know where, LOL, but I will say that it isn't Huntington. Wiperslayer and I caught 40 or so, a mixture of tigers, cutts, bows and splake. We did see P4L and crew there but they left before we got off the ice, so I'm not sure how they did. The catching was fast before the sun hit the ice but we caught fish until we left around 2pm. Got a chance to use my new underwater camera today, that was way cool. All in all not a bad way to spend a day. WH2
[signature]
Sweet - no kokes though? How thick is the ice?
[signature]
I'll give you three guesses where this was at...first 2 don't count! Nice little tiger though.
[signature]
Fish1on,petty and myself were all out there yesterday. Fishing was pretty good for some of us. LOL[Tongue].. As luck would have it, the action really started to pick up as we were leaving. Those two characters had me laughing all day. What a blast[cool]
[signature]
Ice was 3.5 to 4 inches. Some areas had no snow and were like glass, very slippery, very clear, could see almost ten feet down threw the ice. We were hoping to catch some kokes but no luck, we will probably try it again in a few weeks.
[signature]
[size 1]Petty4life doesn't want anyone to know where,[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]i NEVER said that.[/size]
[signature]
Your right, you said:
"sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on lets keep tha quite. "
If you noticed, I did say LOL. I was surprised there was so few people on the ice, I bet that will change by next weekend. Did you guys catch any kokes?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Fish snob...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Is it Huntington ? LOL
[signature]
Are you sure it's not Pineview?[Wink] Whoops does that give something away?[shocked]
[signature]
Causey.
[signature]
According to DWR stocking reports, the only lakes with Tiger Trout are Birch Creek, Scofield, East Canyon, Hyrum, and Rockport. With Rockport having had them the longest period of time.
Causey has the Splake, so I would doubt they'll put Tigers in there with them. Unless they've given up on the Splake for some reason. But they're doing well that I can see.
[signature]
It's Causey...they plant both Tigers and Splake in there...not sure why, as I personally think they should give up on the splake in there...not enough forage.
[signature]
Causey has:

1. Rainbows
2. Cutthroat
3. Browns
4. Kokanee
5. Splake
6. Tiger trout

I don't fish Causey, so I don't know too much about it...but, if it has good numbers of cutts, rainbows, and kokanee, there is plenty of good forage for splake.
[signature]
The problem with the splake in there is sheer numbers. They stocked to many over the years and intraspecific competition prevented them from getting big enough to switch over to eating fish. Their gillnets were literally full of foot long splake. That is why the started stocking tigers. That and the fact that Causey is WD positive.

Anyway, for forage; Causey has:

1. Rough fish
2. Whitefish
3. Trout
4. Kokanee
5. Crawdads
[signature]
overpopulated populations of sterile hybrids are a simple problem to fix. Just stock fewer fish. That's the beauty of using sterile fish. You can control their numbers through stocking.
[signature]
Yup. And that is what they did.
[signature]
So what area did you pick up the tigers. I fished all over that place and pulled in over 40 fish of all kinds. Yet I never saw a single tiger. I know they planted a grundle of them last year. What am I missing?
[signature]
Hey , that was my 3rd guess .
[signature]

Thanks for inviting me.............BUD![laugh]
[signature]