Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake - Ice on !!
Well, does the Marina count?

My daughter and I took the "Swamp Yankee" (recently purchased from Petty) out for it's "Shake Down Cruise" as it was called in the Navy anytime a ship was in for repairs and then taken out for the first time.

The ice in the Marina was 2" at the edges and 1/2" closer to the bubblers. It's a good thing someone else had launched before us or we wouldn't have made it out through, what my daughter affectionately dubbed, Ice Burg Alley. The opening in the dike to the lake. There was an ice skim for about 100 yards out.

Just thought I'd let everyone wanting to launch a small craft know the conditions.

We didn't fish as we arrived at about 3:00 and just had enough time to check out all systems.
[signature]
Don, sounds like you got your boat test in. If this high pressure stays over us much longer everything will be iced. Thanks for the report on conditions at the marina and the lake.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I was afraid we were going to hear something like, "The state park marina at Bear lake is closed for the year". I guess it won't be long if these temps keep up. I'm glad to hear you bought the swamp yankee, I was hoping Jason would sell it before the year was over.
[signature]