Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 01/04/03
[Smile][Smile]Went to Bear Lake on Saturday with Bear Lake Mack and had a great time. We launched at 7:30am and headed straight for Gus's point. After searching around for some fish we anchored in 87 feet of water and the lessons began from there. BLM taught us how to read our sonor and how important it can be when fishing. We jigged a couple of different colors until we found the right one. After about an hour of practicing our newly learned skills we started to see some action. BLM was the first one to land a fish. I landed my first cutt shortly after that. We continued to catch some whitefish and a few smaller cutts when I decided to turn the heat on the other two guys in the boat. I hooked into the first big fish of the day and with a little help from my friends, I netted a lake trout that weighed just under 13 pounds. After a few good pictures and few high fives I let him go back in the water. I managed to net another nice fish after a while that went 9 pounds. Between three of us we caught 5 macks, 2 whitefish, 8 or 9 cutts and one really nice sucker. The other three macks that BLM caught were 5 pounds, 2.5 pounds and one that looked like a small cutt until we got it up close to the boat. All in all it was a great day on the lake. The other guy that was in the boat with us was the guy who was lucky enough to land the sucker. That was the only fish he caught. He did take what he learned on Saturday and returned on Sunday and caught an 8 pound mack, a 4 pound mack, a 2 pound cutt and one whitefish.
For any of you guys who want to learn some of the great things we learned on Saturday, just pay attention to the master when he posts. Bear Lake Mack is the man. Thanks again BLM for a great day.
[signature]
Awesome report Crestliner. BLM seems to be the teacher when it comes to mack fishing the Bear. Now you can continue the training you have recieved to the less fortunate[Wink]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Crestliner's Fish[/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: bl_1-4-03_125.jpg][/center] [center][Image: bl_1-4-03_85.jpg][/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The dog! He out fished me and did it with my fishing pole![cool] Thanks for the trip. I had a great time. You have a dandi boat![/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit)Master.... ya right. I'm the one who cut the bait. So that must make me.............[/size][/font][/left]
[signature]
[reply]
[left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit)Master.... ya right. I'm the one who cut the bait. So that must make me.............[/size][/font][/left] [/reply]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

You said it, not me[Tongue][sly]
[signature]