Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard?
Drove out to the south marina this afternoon to check and see if it is open. It is and there is even a little room to launch a boat. Most of the marina is ice covered but the ice looks rotten. Since the last time I was there they have installed a new fish cleaning station and picnic tables, they also put in a new fee station that is closer to the boat launch. The old pay station is still there but it is open. Now if they will just raise the light beacon so it can be seen from the lake it will make this years fishing at Willard great. WH2
[signature]
Thx for the info WH2. I was curious as to what the water levels where like up there. Is trolling for walleye any good up there before the winter ice sets in and closes the ramps?
[signature]
The water level is lower than the last time I was there but that was a few months ago and it does not look like there is any water coming in. I've never fished willard this time of the year but I would say yes, you can catch walleye this time of the year but not trolling. The best approach would be to use a jig and a worm, after finding fish on or near the bottom with the fish finder. I just caught a walleye last weekend at Deer creek so I would say it is just a matter of finding the walleye that are hungry. If I can catch them at Deer creek then you can catch them at Willard, give it a try.
WH2
[signature]