Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation, anybody got info?
I need to catch some Walleye through the ice. Has anyone out there fished Starvation during hard water times? Where to fish and what to try please.
I'm probably going up to give it a try this weekend. I allready have some spots picked out on my map, but they are all a pretty good hike to get to.
Thanks and good fishing everyone.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sorry, I don't know a thing about walleyes in Starvation but I sure do want to know how you like your new flasher. Did you get it yet? Which model was it? How do you like it? How about a consumer report once you get into the groove of using it? Thanks![/size][/font]
[signature]
Last year I drug my shantee all over that lake. I started back at the inlet tunnel. (not the river inlet). Fished that whole arm, working back to the drop and toward the dam. Ended the day up over on the dam face. Locating the fish is the biggest challenge. I recomend calling rons tackle down there. You can bet your last dollar he will know where they are and when they are biting. 435-738-2836. Its a long drive to have a bad day. The rumor is that the fishing remains best at daybreak and sunset, even through the ice. Daytime fishing can be slow so to have a lead on location can be a big help. I havent been down there yet this winter but will make a trip or two for sure.
[signature]
Hey Predator, I had my fishin buddy call that number for rons tackle yesterday. He said the ice isn't safe yet, and that he was going to Strawberry this weekend. He told my buddy that there are some warm springs around the dam that make the ice iffy till later in the year. I guess I'll wait another week or so.
And to BLM, I didn't get my new finder yet. Thats another reason I'm going to wait on the Starvation trip. Reedssports is a tad bit slower than Cabelas. And all this holiday stuff probably has the U.P.S. truck going in circles. Hope I get it today,but, for sure by next weekend.I ordered the vexilar fl-18 pro pack, with a mag lens. It has the dual transducer. 9 and 19 I think. Anyway, I'll post a report as soon as I figure out how to use it.

Taking the ten foot boat to Lincoln Beach today. Anyone else going after White Bass/Walleye today?

Good fishin everyone.

WalleyeBob
[signature]