Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Fishing?
New Member, Was wondering how the fishing was at the Bay.
HAVENT BEEN ANY REPORTS FOR WEEKS. WISH I COULD LET YA KNOW BUT I CANT.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hard water over most (if not all) of the lake. Last week there was 6" of clear, slick ice on the North Marina, but two different groups found no action inside the marina at all. The south marina is closed for the winter.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There appeared to be soft ice and/or open water a distance away from the shoreline last week. However, I am betting that there is fishable ice around the west side, and that there might be some worthwhile drillin' and chillin'. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In years past there has been decent fishing for walleye and crappies inside the marinas when the water was higher...as it is this year. However, the fish have not moved in or stabilized yet this year. Once there is some snow on the ice it may get better. Right now is is a big sheet of clear glass and the fish can see the anglers better than the anglers seeing the fish. That is not good for spooky species like crappies, walleyes and wipers. Better if there is some snow cover on the ice.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the info I just might have to try fishin it sometime in the next few weeks
Welcome aboard cedwardsfan[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks, Hope to do alot more fishin then I have in a long while now[Smile]