Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Report
I have been fishing around Utah Lake since last wednesday, thurday , friday ,saturday from pumphouse, lindon harbor, provo harbor, lincoln beach, pelican point and got nothing except a 8 lbs carp at lindon harbor on saturday .This morning I fish at Lindon for about 3 hrs and no bite. Weather was perfect but no fish ice is 4-5 inches. It has never been slow like this before . I normal brought some fish home for dinner everytime I went but not this year my wife told me I should retire from fishing and she will do yardsale all my fishing stuff in Spring . That is my report at Utah Lake for you guys. My friends went to strawberry and they did real good
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Can't fault your effort in trying to catch a fish. Sure seems like Utah Lake is in trouble.
[signature]
[Tongue][Tongue]Sounds like a candidate for the divorced fishermen's club. [Wink][Wink]

If you have the yardsale let me know!!!!
[signature]
At least you got a carp out of the deal - and an 8 pounder as well ! I know it's not much compensation instead of good table fare, but, look at it as an investment in next year's bait supply.

I have heard of quite a few unproductive days out on UL this year by a number of experienced anglers that usually have more success - so, I am kind of prone to think that it might be the lake rather than the fisherman.

Tell your wife to put off the yardsale until you're really ready to retire from fishing yourself - preferably, at some undertermined date in the very distant future.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the report, even if it was not a good one. Probably helped some other folks decide where they will go next.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It really is surprising about the lack of fish this year. Most years there are lots of white bass and some crappies and walleye as soon as the ice forms. Not this year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I fished out in front of the pumps a week ago and only saw a couple of marks on my sonar in several hours of fishing. Drilled holes all over the place but could not find any fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Maybe we will get an early spring and there will be lots of fish down at Lincoln Beach. Let's hope so. Don't sell off your fishing equipment and don't jump off your tackle box.[/#0000ff]
[signature]