Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just joined and am very interested in what everyones opinion is. Havent been on the lower provo for a while, and am just wondering what would be my best bet. Are glo bugs going to still be working, or have the browns ended their spawn? What about streamers?
[signature]
Welcome to the board Gloomis! Love that name, I have 6 of them at home.

It still is a good time for glo bugs and they should be good through the spring. Orange San juan worms,sow bugs,green caddis larva will also do well.

A couple pics for you.
[signature]
Thankyou for the tips. I'll report on how it goes. also wondering, I've heard something about blue wing olives working? whats that about. I will definitely use the orange san juan and the sow. thanks again and good fishin!
[signature]
Blue wing olive is a small mayfly 20-22 that hatches this time of year,so if you would like to throw a dry, it would be good. black gnat would be good too.
[signature]
I found a soft hackle sow on the South Fork and didn't know what it was. (I always check the surrounding bushes on the south fork. It's amazing how many flies I find). How do these fish on the South Fork?

Katghoti
[signature]
Just forget you saw that one,it doesn't work any were.[Wink]
[signature]
[reply]

A couple pics for you. [/reply]

James,

Looks as if you got a tad agressive with your flame-thrower on the butt of that SJ worm.
I think I'd kick it back a couple of thousand BTUs!!! [Wink][sly]

The SHSB looks like a good pattern, though.

W2D
[signature]
Nah! it's a Turtle head, makes it more realistic! lol![shocked]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Gloomis[cool] Provo this time of year I usually think small. #20-22 or even smaller zebras, thread midges, wd-40's, disco midge (try different colors). Hares ears and PT's still work and sows can work every day of the year. As far as dries go I haven't seen any BWO for several weeks. They will be back late march or early april. It's midge time and I suck at fishing midge dries so I usually stick to the nymphs untill the mayfly and caddis hatches start again in the spring.
[signature]
Just remember, the main food source in the Provo is Sow Bugs. Rainbow Sows are a good choice also. I do real well using a very small Red Copper John. Dries, I use 28-32's in Black, Grey, Tan, Olive, Green flash, Brown, and Pale Yellow. I am going to be on the Middle this weekend, Friday - Monday (all four days if I had my way). Anyway should have some good news for every one, one way or the other. Might even try the lower one or two of the days.
Going to the middle cause I want to use my boo and I know I can handle the fish size on the middle. The fish I have caught on the lower, well that will be my five weight.
[signature]
I went to the middle today for a few hours and it was slow. Everyone we talked to said natta. There wasn't a single hatch coming off which is weird. I ended up using a pupa emerger #26 and did real well. Go figure.
[signature]
Hello all:
Just joined looking forward to chating with all.
[signature]
Thanks for joining the party, baldboy1,jump in any time.[Smile]
[signature]