Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Fork
Anyone been up to the South Fork lately? I have a chance to get out this weekend to do some fishing and want to try it. Last time out, all I got was whitefish, we didn't see any browns anywhere. If you went, what did you use, how was the fishing, where?

Thanks.

Katghoti
[signature]
Looks as though you are going to have to check it out and let us know.
[signature]
Hey all,

Well I went Monday and did some fishing. We really did well. Started under the dam messing with the whitefish. Had lots of looks from trout at the glo-bug, but once I put on a copper john the whites went crazy. I was fishing right under the outlet, my brother went over to the spill way and fished over there and pulled out a nice 15" splake. It was his first. Then we moved down and I hauled out a nice rainbow on a glo-bug then wrestled with a large white fish I sight-casted to. He went 20" and was a blast in the current. Then down more where I caught some browns (one 16") and my brother pulled in some nice browns. A little further down I we both pulled in some rainbows (nice and fat). Then we moved down river and the fish turned off around 3:30 so we went home. We caught them on glo-bugs (egg colored not red), size 18 copper john, hare's ear, pheasant tail, and I took one rainbow on a size 16 South Ogden Slayer. Fished about 5 hours and caught 10 fish. Not to bad.

katghoti
[signature]
very nice!
[signature]
Sounds like you were fishing up in the memorial park area? I like that area but haven't really figuared it out yet. I usually fish down a bit lower. You do much down there?
[signature]
Yea I fish from magpie up to the the dam. The flies I mentioned in my post work all the way up the river. Stick with size 18 copper john's and you should be fine.

katghoti
[signature]
you got some conections for the private property
[signature]
Nope. Just fish the public stuff.

katghoti
[signature]