Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rockport 12-22-05
fished this morning and wasnt too bad..caught 3 trouts and 14 perch...i was fishing in like 40 ft using a small white tube jig tip with mealworms
[signature]
Thanks for the report. What area was you fishing? Were the trout suspended or on the bottom? How thick is the ice? Thanks, Dale.
[signature]
good report. this time we all got something from it. thanx.
[signature]
i caught the trout in about 30-35 ft..and i didnt get to measure the ice..but im sure it will hole up a line of fat chicks [Wink].. i'll be out there agian tomorrow morning
[signature]
Deathman and I were there this morning also with a mob of kids (4) off the west side. We did okay for rainbows but no perch. The ice was about 7 inches thick and quiet as a mouse all morning. There is a little slush and puddled water on top but the weather was very balmy (didn't get below freezing last night). My 7 year old son enjoyed his first time on the ice and pulled out a couple of nice 'bows.

BTW, watch for holes, they are not re-freezing. My boy found out the hard way [shocked][blush]
[signature]
yeah when i was walking off i stepped right in a hole too.. good thing i was on my way home..i'll be back out there tomorrow again
[signature]