Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Cats and ODC 420
What's the difference between those two? I see them in prices and I don't see them in sizes? Zonker shows two sides and it looks small. TubeDude's is hard to tell.
[signature]
Hi Bluegillman,

Zonker or TubeDude are better equipped to answer this question for you. However, I am doing some internet web searching and fact finding on each of these pontubes. One significant advantage of the ODC 420 is that the sides of this craft are several inches longer than what you will find on FishCats. The FatCat model is really the cats meoww, so to speak. The ODC appears to be a very close look alike with excellent features at a minimum $125.00 less cash outlay. I missed the sale on the ODC also, but, I can see one in the near future for me also. Primarily, due to the price level it currently has. Besides, it will do every thing I need it too do while floating my little round fat body across the pond.

[url "http://flyfishseidaho.net"]Http://flyfishseidaho.net[/url]
[signature]
BGM,

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float_Tubing_C66/Float_Tubing_General_F81/Super_Fat_Cat_vs._Fish_Cat_4_P228776/"]Click here[/url] and read down.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]In terms of size and rated weight capacity, there is essentially no difference.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The 420 is a close equivalent to the Fat Cats and definitely bigger and better than Fish Cats.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][#0000ff]In terms of size and rated weight capacity, there is essentially no difference.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The 420 is a close equivalent to the Fat Cats and definitely bigger and better than Fish Cats.[/#0000ff] [/reply]

Being the present owner of both a 420 and a Fish Cat and having used both on the pond, I can second TD's statements above.

z~
[signature]
When I saw your ODC 420 had the website on the arpon and logged on that site. They had them on sale at $100 dollars and these were display ones and the other tubes. I thought about it a while and talked to my wife if I should buy one for my son and she thinks we should get him one and then I logged back on and found them sold out that fast! Told my buddy about the others for $50 dollars and he went ahead and brought one. Now I got a buddy to go tubing with us. Logged back on that Creek Company site to see what they would be asking for the ODC 420 and it was at $159.99 and I checked around and found only one at $140. Ordered one for my son for Chirstmas. Should be here maybe Tuesday or Wed.[Smile]
[signature]