Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satan has been banished....
Hit the berry with MGB today...blasted out the marina and down around the corner toward mud creek..fished off a point for most the day..till MGB, couldnt stand the Ice woopen I was feeden him..so we moved to see who could catch the most fish, in a spot where their were NONE....He wins..I graft nothing he catches 10..Jack arss..the ice was 7 inches ever where we checked..and not a sound, not a peep from the devil under the Ice..thanks Tommy Gun for the exorcisem last weekend..I love strawberry...dont be afraid. Oh how bout them roads this morning too huh, kinda spooky...specialy when you have to get to stawberry for the sun comes up...danged mike Im tired...[unsure] sorry no pics camera dead...Nice hangen with polo kid and his little hunny...sure makes ice fishen easyer with good folks!

Skipper..
Yea Baby....
[signature]
Skip let me remind you how it went. I started strong jumping out to 4-0 lead and stretched it to a 7-2 lead. You did make a rally and took the lead but not by much. The last 3 hours is when the "ice woopen" started when I finished strong with a 10-0 run.

I am glad the devil never squirted out of his hole today, its hard to fish when your scared. It was a peaceful day on the ice with an occational breeze that kept the surface frozen. These warmer temperatures has not hurt the ice any infact theres an additional couple inches since last week. Only an inch of snow on the ice and no slush.

It was good seeing Rob and the Miss out on the ice today, havn't seen them two since the summer.
[signature]
Your welcome?

[signature]
Did you guys find a magic depth and were the fish mostly on the bottom or suspended? Any in the 22+ range or bows? Parking lot update at the marina? Thanks! Always good to have a little fish smack talkin!
[signature]
20' worked good (for me) for the first couple hours of day light but Skip kept picking them up in 32' untill noon. After relocating for the second half of the day 21' seemed to be the right depth. We where catching them suspended at mid depth and at the bottom but from noon on they where all being caught on the bottom. I caught 1 over the slot a 22.5" cutt, not rainbows where caught today.

The road to the marina is plowed and snow packed, the parking lot is plowed and snow packed. The boat ramp has deep snow on it, 2WD ATV had a hard time getting back up it, it took afew tries to get to the top. 4WD made it up but it was a little tough for them, as tough as it was for the 4WD I was surprised that a 2WD could make it. I never did check out the access to Mud Creek.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip! Sure was a nice day, wish I could have been fishin'.
[signature]
MGB,
Thanks for the update and details. Nice to see they are plowing the parking lot at the marina!!!!!
[signature]
What no acoustic ice noise to fish with ? What a bummer . I'll bring a little hell to the ice this weekend . You really didn't let mike out fish you did you ? I'm hoping to hit it sometime this weekend .
[signature]
Thanks for the report guys. I'm still hoping to hit the hard water a few times next week after the holiday. How's the slush situation up there? Time to start taking my kids and slush is enemy number one! [unsure]
[signature]
Slush wernt bad...the later the wetter tho..H A if he beat me, it could of been bye one maybe..oh yea mike has a trick sonar too...he is able to ping your fish finder no matter where you are. I could be 75 feet from the guy and every time I started out fishing him "BAM" he would black out my screen..cheater!!![angelic]
[signature]