Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo ICE....
Does anyone know how the ice is looking at Echo?
[signature]
[cool]Drove by it on my way home from The Rock on Saturday, and there was nobody on it, and down by the inlet it was open water. It was tough to judge it from the freeway driving at 80 mph how solid or thick the ice was on the main lake, but it looked a little squirly from the road. You'd have to go down there and walk out a few feet and drill a hole to really know right now.
[signature]
Hey, how come your moniker is "Out4Trout" and you have a picture of you (anyway, I assume it's you) and a big ol' channel cat?[crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Whassamatta you? Doncha recognize the rare Utah Lake whiskered grey trout?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think during the past year O4T has broadened his "horizons". In fact, I suspect that he might admit to actually enjoying being pulled around in his tube by one of those kittyfish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Last weekend it was about 7" thick, but the edges were a little soft. There's probably still plenty of ice, but you might need a plank to get to it.
[signature]
[cool]Because channel cats are A BLAST to hunt (taste mighty fine too if cooked correctly. Better than trout, in fact)!! As T.D. said, because I have broadend my horizons. If I didn't lose my fish icon I would probably even change my moniker to something like "in vein walleye chaser," or something along those lines. I love to chase my menace (the walleye-only landed one so far...) and many other warm water fishies. In fact, next summer I plan to get more serious about smallmouth bass and even bucketmouths too. Hopefully I'll even make it down to Powell in Sept with CBR and Bassrods.

Yep, you could say that I have "seen the light" when it comes to my warm water friends. I'd even have to say that Utah Lake is my favorite lake to fish now (HA! Take that, slimer chasers!)[Tongue] Actually, I still love to fish for troutski's too, but not quite as much anymore as my name still implies.
[signature]
I tried to get on it without a plank. I don't think so! The edges were terrible. I saw one other angler trying to get on also. Neither of us made it, but it looked like people had been on it within the last few days.
[signature]