Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 days 3 lakes 7 species 35 fish
Only 35 fish, what’s up with only 35 fish?

What a weekend I managed to hit three lakes with Christmas in the middle. I started out late getting to Rockport on Friday after sleeping in. I didn’t get there while the perch were hitting before sunrise that morning. I did hook up with 7 perch and I was able to get in to some nice bows.

Then Saturday I got up in time to pickup Old Coot and was at Bear Lake by dawn. I managed to hookup with a nice White and Cutt along with a 30 inch Mac.

I manage to recover on Sunday to get up a 3:30 to meet CBR in Salt Lake to head to Pelican. I had a hard time keeping up with BassAckwards on catching Blue Gills I did out fish both BassAckwards and CBR when it comes to the 2 Bass I hooked up with. We each came home with a limit of Blue Gill

Thanks for letting me tag along guys it much better to go fishing with good company.

[inline All-fish.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Cool!![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You have been bussy Paul.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I did manage to catch 3 bass, 2 smaller ones down by bassrods and 1 nicer one just before we left. Smile

BTW I have your CD's and will meet up with you later this week to give them back to you. It was great spending time on the hardwater with you this past week and we need to do it again.

Cheers.
[signature]
Nice post
[signature]
Hey CBR...how thick was the ice at Pelican? Also, did the Bluegills have the worms this year? I'm thinking of heading up, but those worms, and the thought of eating them freaks me out a bit.[crazy]
[signature]
There was a solid 7-8 inches in most spots we fished.

Majority of the fish I fileted a couple weeks ago didn't have any, but you did run into some in the bigger ones.

dont worry about the "worms" you can cut them out. A majority of them I found weren't in the meat at all.
[signature]
Ops my bad, what are you doing catching fish behind my back. I guess I was out fished by BassAckwards on the Blue Gill and you on the Bass.
[signature]
Ok, you owe me $100 dollars. Smile jk

I think a trip to Strawberry needs to be scheduled soon. Any plans to head back that way for some big cutts?
[signature]
My boy wanted to do a bunch of thing today and go fishing tomorrow. I told him he had to help out around the house this morning before we did anything. My daughter and him have been hard at it all morning and are just finishing up one of their chores. I have a feeling that they are going to inform me what I owe them.

I’ll not feeling to good today and I need to get some work done on a job tomorrow. I may head back out and possibly to the Berry if not Lost Creek on Thursday or Friday.
[signature]
You were a busy little bee Paul! Nice fish though. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
[Wink] Nice report FW. If i can get my addition done on my house I can get out there and get after it. Way to go.

RILEYFISH
[signature]
[size 1]"if not Lost Creek on Thursday or Friday."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Paul, does this mean that there is ice up there?????????[/size]
[signature]
You must of not seen this post

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=234663;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=234663;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Fishing Waters Family Feast the other night.

I took the filleted fish, coated them with corn meal and flour with spices, I then deep-fried them. I took pictures of the fish after they had been cooked and before my children devoured them. We had a fish tasting feast to see which fish we liked the best. Which ones did they like the best? The Blue Gill came in first with Perch next follow by the Bass. The Rainbow came in last they like them Barbequed.
[inline "Six Species.jpg"]
[signature]
You have successfully made me hungry. Smile
[signature]