Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Year in review/2006 goals
It has been a slow day at work today and I have been thinking about the year past and the year ahead with respect to my favorite hobby/addiction. How did 2005 treat you? What are the goals for 2006? Here's mine.

2005: The good things

1. Caught new personal best walleye.
2. Caught (perhaps) new personal best smallie.
3. Caught my first tiger trout.
4. My 4 yr old daughter caught her first perch, walleye, grayling, and cutt. (and kept daddy thoroughly entertained the entire time.)
5. Purchased my new Fat Cat, tricked it out some, and had a great time fishing in it.

The not good
1. I lost my first and best fishing buddy as my Dad passed away in October. He was a consummate angler who taught and gave me more than I could ever repay. Hitting the water hasn't felt the same since. I will miss him.

For 2006, Only 2 goals;
1. Catch a golden trout
2. Catch a Jordanelle size smallie on a fly rod and fly.

Happy New Year everyone.
[signature]
2005 - Did not fish nearly as much as I wanted to.

2006 - I will be fishing much more than 2005.
[signature]
To get that Smallie at Jordannell, go North of the boat ramp along the shore line and use a sinking fly line with an olive woolly bugger. I have caught several in the 20" plus size that way. Good luck on your other goals.
My goal is to fish as much as possible and still be married on New Yeasr Eve![Wink]
[signature]
CAGHT THE BIGGEST TROUT OF MY LIFE. LAKER. AND A SEVEN FOOT STURGUINE. I FEAL FOR YOUR FISHING BUDDY. IT WILL MAKE YA FEEL A LITLE BETTER EVERYTIME YOU GO IF YOU CALL FIRST ONES YOURS DAD. OUT LOAD!!!! WITH A POWER VOICE. GIVE IT A SHOT NEXT TIME OUT. WORKS FOR ME WITH MY BEST DUCK HUNTING PARTNERS PASSING. I GARENTY YOU WILL NEVER MISS THE FIRST BITE OF THE DAY AGAIN EATHER. HE IS ALWAYS WITH YOU. NEVER FORGET THAT WHAT HE PASSED TO YOU STILL LIVES IN YOU AND WHO EVER YOU SHARE IT WITH. WE NEVER DIE IF WE SHARE WHAT WE KNOW.
[signature]
2005: I caught 12 kinds of fish in 25 lakes, streams, and ponds. Fished over 125 days (anywhere from an hour or two to the full day and into the night). Improved my dry fly fishing.

2006: Take more trips out of state; backpacking in the Uintahs or Boulders, catch more fish, different species, fish fish fish.......[cool]
[signature]