Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Canyon
[size 3]* I made it up Logan canyon today–with a license this time. Gorgeous day, slow fishing. We took up spinning gear and had a few small ones follow to the bank. We only stayed an hour as my three year old fell in three times trying to get better distance on his casts. One of these times I’ll have to set him up with a hook. We saw three other folks only one had caught one on wet fly gear. About 1:30 the sun made it’s way to the bottom of the canyon and the little brown’s started rising. There’s just a skiff of ice along the edges and virtually no current in the impoundments. I think I’ll wait until spring run off when all of the big browns come out of the woodwork up there for the next time. [/size]
[signature]
When I used to live in the cache valley, I would fish either the logan or the blacksmithfork nearly every day. Always had the best luck standing in the middle of the river, casting upstream to the banks and retrieving the spinner just slightly faster than the current. Same spinner was always the charmer. A mepps #2 with the gold body and the little red bead. With the black blade with yellow dots. Theres one hole there I could always pull three consecutive fish out of. Right up against the south bank. The stretch of river runs shallow and fast but that one chunk on that side held a secret few anglers knew of. I always figured most people jujst walked right past it looking for a deep hole in slower moving water.
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 3]I like to goof around with the somewhat non-conventional at times. You wouldn’t believe what I’ve pulled out of Logan canyon with a K12 kwickfish and a big countdown rapala. I was chuckling a bit at your favorite mepps and it’s presentation, that’s my favorite up Blacksmiths fork when I don’t have my flyrod! Cheers![/size][/#ff0000]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3] [/size]
[signature]