Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Me and my son fished Bear lake on the 26th. Launched at 7:30 no ice in the marina exept for the boat slips on the south. The water temp in the marina was 32 it was 36 out on the lake. Had a pretty good day boated and released 18 fish. All cutthroat except 3 mack the largest cut was 5.5 lbs and the largest mack was 7. Beautiful day no wind just cloud cover. It started snowing hard at 4:45 when we left.

Bodine
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Nice way to spend the day after Christmas. You always catch a bunch.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks coot. I thought I seen you guys out there on the rock pile, must have been someone else. I called on the radio channel 12 for any BFTers but nobody answered. I seen 7 other boats all day and talked to three of them. Two were locals the caught 7 and 6 nothing big. The other boat was a smaller one on the east side and at 1:00 they had two small cuts. Sure was a nice day.[cool]

bodine
[signature]
[Wink] Nice report Jeff. Thanks. Were you East or
West? I think we will not have a hard deck up there this winter worthy or safe enough to get on. Time will tell.

RILEYFISH
[signature]
I was on the west mainly. Only went to the east side for around 2 hours. Personally I hope it don't freeze It's a lot easier on the fish population expecially the cisco. I know the ice fisherman will hate that last comment.[Tongue]

Bodine
[signature]
B11,

I know what you mean. It is nice for access but the fish will get the hell knocked out of them. The amount of fish that will get harvested, Along with hurt or killed that are released will be far more than the rest of the year. That place will be a mad house. I am sure that I will be either dipping cisco in my waders again or if the snow stays away, Out of my boat if I can get it in on the east side.

RILEY
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Nice report B11: One of these times I'll have to thumb a ride with ya, Thats some awsome fish catching machine (Boat) you surf on. [Smile][/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Jeff, I guess you were trolling? Did you try around the new Rock piles?
[signature]
Thanks for the report Bodine. I met you about a month ago when BC and I tied up with you and inspected your new boat. You were landing lots of fish and we were practicing our jigging techniques. Anyway, I'm going to have to convert, at least for a few trips, to trolling so my son can catch some fish. East side, 25-35 ft deep with a perch colored Rapala as I recall. I'll see if I mark any fish and give it a whirl. It was nice meeting you back then. Next time, I'll bring the habaneros.
[signature]
Like I say its all in what you injoy doing. Me I like to troll and have had fair success at doing it. I don't really like going behind the boat too much line out. I definantly love downriggers. I use them on all of the bodies of water I fish even paliSades. As far as the new rock piles I haven't tried them yet though I hear they are starting to attract some fish. I really hope the lake stays open this year as of this morning it was 33 degrees and snowing for all its worth. The trip from Paris to soda springs where I work was a bugger.[crazy] Hope to see you guys out again in the future.

Bodine
[signature]