Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Lake
Fished Mud Lake yesterday and caught about 100 perch with most of the very small. But I did end up with two over 10 inches and another 14 between 6 to 8 inches. A pretty good mess of perch. I got there too late as a man was coming off the lake at 11 a.m. with 20 keepers with about 10 over 10 inches. It looks like putting in time will get you some large perch.

The ice is about 8 inches of solid very slick ice. Be careful and wear something on your boots to keep you from slipping.

Bill
[signature]
Thanks for the report bsflies. I was thinking about stopping by Mud Lake next week but wasn't sure what the ice was like.
[signature]
The ice is great. Yesterday I fished for four hours catching about 50 perch with seven of them over 8 inches and two over 11 inches. You have to wade thru the small ones. I am planning on hitting it again on Saturday and probably Monday.

Bill
[signature]
Where is the best access point on mud lake? I have been taken out there once and fished in about two feet of water. Is there any deeper spots in mud lake?I would really like to catch a few of those bigger perch. The 3-4 inchers are kind of hard to fillet![unsure]
[signature]
I fished mudlake on monday (12/26/05) and found the same kind of fishing. Many many small perch with some keepers if you spend the time. All in all a great day fishing 100 perch in approx. 5 hours.
[signature]